Off to Mexico for Holiday

One more burst of sunshine for us before we are thrown into the days of grey overhead. Spring has sprung, fall has fell, winter is here and it's cold as hell. Depart for Cancun on Wednesday and return 25th. I recall other forums that read there is not much down there as shaving kit goes. Never hurts to ask, so if there is someone in the know please give me a few tips. We're going native and staying out of the hotels. I thought I would find a barber shop and go from there. Besides all the trinkets down here, I'll shoot for leather, alabaster bowls, something ... but I'm not expecting much in simple kit items. R/Robert

Alright Max: We're staying in Playa Del Carmen at the Royal Hacienda. Drive from the airport around 40 minutes. Drove into Cancun and shopped the malls and major stores to include a few small stores off the main drag ... no razor blades. Plenty of Gillette plastic, Mach 3, Schick and canned goop. If I was 20, I'd stay in Cancun but if you want to enjoy Mexico and Mexican cooking, I recommend PDC. After a few days on the white pristine beaches and turquoise water I drove into PDC this morning after discussing with the hotel staff. One gentleman told me to ask for Navaja de rasurar or Filo (Yucatan for sharp) at the Wal-Mart. So off we went and ran into nothing but plastic and goop. Asking a clerk I got out a blade I brought along and showed him and after a screwed up face and head shaking left to right he brought me over to the Gillette display and basically said here you go, take it or leave it. All that I heard about lack of kit is true (YMMV elsewhere) didn't see anything. Back at the beach now for the last day before flying out tomorrow. Did pick up a nice later bowl and lathered up with ice and a slice; New Forest 2201 is drying in the sun and has a month of workout before Christmas; I think it has actually tanned more.

Nice colorful material those bikinis are made of now a days. Time to lean back and take it all in. For you Americans at TSRe, Happy Thanksgiving.

Back
Top Bottom