Now on hard water!

antdad said:
ebilpirate said:
My water is so hard it comes out the tap with prison tattoos and a drooling staffy on a chain.

Yeah? Well my water is so 'ard the staffy does a turd, rubs my face in it and then tells me to shave somewhere else. :shock:

Chuck Norris is scared of Fareham water!

I have stayed in many places in the UK for week or two at a time for work or vacation and never found the water that bad for shaving. Making a cup of tea is where I notice the difference, nothing like my home water for tea.

I know that I use more product and more time making the lather in hard water areas; also I usually travel with a La Toja or Moos stick which may explain why I haven't had many issues so your choice of soap is also a big factor in the ease of making good lather,

The salt idea makes sense because the dishwasher uses salt to soften water, Where I stay things like kettles and coffee machines just don't scale at all. Luckily we have both low mineral content and almost neutral PH; to me it tastes better than some bottled waters but maybe I just crave the chemicals they add to it at the plant next to the loch.

It is not all a bed of roses though, having 24 hours without some rain is a rare occasion (even if only a light shower) and it is depressing after a while

24 hrs. without rain sounds like Cornwall to me; damp, damp & more damp. Anything that stays still long enough is covered in moss! The good thing was that a couple of swirls on the soap and you had enough lather to shave a gorilla with.

Our water softener hasn't been working past few weeks. The electonic display , which usually beeps at the tiniest of faults hasn't reported anything. But, the water is definately hard. I think it's not drawing brine into the resin tank.

Anyway, I've been Noticing MASSIVE differences with hard water: harder to lather, lather dries out etc. Have to shampoo twice too. lol. Even my beloved mama bears and cella have been affected.

luckily, Cyril Rose cream seems to handle the hard water with no problems. Also, La Toja cream is absolutely fantastic stuff - no matter what the water is like, this stuff produces an abundance of slick, thick lather.

Worst comes to worst bottled water is a solution... A little bit OTT but it would work, we have quite soft water in Sheffield compared to places around us so not really ever had the problem.

sonny said:
Our water softener hasn't been working past few weeks. The electonic display , which usually beeps at the tiniest of faults hasn't reported anything. But, the water is definately hard. I think it's not drawing brine into the resin tank.

Anyway, I've been Noticing MASSIVE differences with hard water: harder to lather, lather dries out etc. Have to shampoo twice too. lol. Even my beloved mama bears and cella have been affected.

luckily, Cyril Rose cream seems to handle the hard water with no problems. Also, La Toja cream is absolutely fantastic stuff - no matter what the water is like, this stuff produces an abundance of slick, thick lather.

I have to agree with you regarding Cyril cream, I have the rose, sandalwood and citrus and it seems to love the hard water, I get a great lather out of it, I do use a little more cream than almond size and a bit of water but I get great results with Cyril. :D :shave

Back
Top Bottom