not the best start!

Welcome I too am new and have had a big learning curve but getting there now it takes some getting used to and some products but enjoy the journeys do resist chasing a perfect shave and settle for the odd missed bit but without irritation, burn ect
Try a few blades and take your time 50 mins ish for a 3 pass and touch up isn't out of the question
Thank you

I meant to ask Paul, how many strokes of the razor are you making when shaving a particular area? Is it in the same way you might with a Mach 3?
As previously mentioned, you really need to map out your beard direction and make a single pass with the grain (WTG). Further passes can then be made, one across the grain (XTG). I would stick to these two directions before you move against the grain (ATG), certainly on your neck. Never be tempted to take another pass over the same area without lather. Never ever try to shave an area that has no lather, just because it may be easier to see it.
There are a great many videos on YouTube, from the likes of GeoFatBoy and Mantic59. There's a bit more research with this style of shaving but it pays you back in ways you'd never imagine. Watch as much as you can and ask as many questions as you want. Never accept that what you are doing is the best way, there will always be another method, product, etc, around the corner that may suit you better.

Excellent advice here. Remember, in addition to the above, short strokes over skin that's protected by well hydrated and slick lather. Most problems with lather can be resolved by adding more product, don't skimp on the soap or cream. Slick lather is your first and most important line of defense. Also, light strokes, holding the razor at the right angle with just enough pressure to prevent the blade skipping across the skin. If you find the blade is catching and tugging, then change the blade and if new, try something sharper. Go WTG and XTG till you start getting irritation free shaves before going ATG. Proper prep (shower/hot-towel/pre-shave oil etc.), light pressure, short strokes, razor angle and good lather are all key elements of a successful shave. Good luck...trust me when I say that the shaves will only get better :)

Paul,
Welcome to TSR, all sound advice above. Learn the direction in which your beard grows, do your beard prep and above all take time to shave. It's not a race but an almost meditative experience to be relished.

Keep at it, don't get discouraged by occasional setbacks, it will all click for you one day.

Regards,
Chris

Paul,
Welcome to TSR, all sound advice above. Learn the direction in which your beard grows, do your beard prep and above all take time to shave. It's not a race but an almost meditative experience to be relished.

Keep at it, don't get discouraged by occasional setbacks, it will all click for you one day.

Regards,
Chris
Thanks mate , on nights I will be back on soon

Thanks Tom, i will try the Astras. Funnily enough when i put the blade in today i thought the alignment looked off . I took it out and did it again and it looked fine. I intend to get all my stuff online but can i get the Astra SPs from Boots ect ? Thanks again mate, you guys sure are fast and friendly!
Welcome Paul - you'll get some great advice here. Don't give up!
I wont Mel and thank you !

Back
Top Bottom