Not actually aftershave but might work!

My dog has a itchy spot on his neck he has been scratching which we are treating with this:

Petkin, Oatmeal Enriched ItchStick:

Ingredients: Pure witch hazel, Aloe Vera Gel, Oatmeal, Comfrey, Vitamins A, B and E, Bitter Taste.

I looked at the ingredients and my first thought was I could probably use this post shave! Well, depending on whats in there to cause a bitter taste!

Have you ever stumbled on an usual shave related pre or post stuff or even hardware that wasnt intended for that purpose?

That comment was just a tad rough surely Martin. Kinda went against the grain so to speak ................. okay, enough now, before P/Cat spots this thread and really gets to town on the terrible puns !

JohnnyO. \:angel:

I've often put my porridge to soak in the morning, and carried some oats in my hand to the bathroom as a preshave facescrub. After the "pikey" comment re cracked eggs, I must assure you that they do not then go back in the pot! And see a previous post where I used Germoline as an emergency shaving cream. I once tried to use a "brazilian" as a shaving brush, but the reaction was less than favourable, needed more Baileys apparently!
love'n'joy
Lloyd

Go and read the ingredients list on a bottle of mouthwash. On paper, it's usable as aftershave, but I doubt that any of us would want to use it.

Ian

IanM, -
Aqua Velva was a mouthwash. GI's started drinking it, so to preserve sales, a bittering agent was added and relaunched as aftershave. Colgate green mouthwash I used up as a preshave- to derision from my dentist. It wasn't the best, but refreshing in summer.
love'n'joy
Lloyd

JohnnyO said:
That comment was just a tad rough surely Martin. Kinda went against the grain so to speak ................. okay, enough now, before P/Cat spots this thread and really gets to town on the terrible puns !

JohnnyO. \:angel:

Rough rough rough rough rough!!!!!!!!!

IanM said:
Go and read the ingredients list on a bottle of mouthwash. On paper, it's usable as aftershave, but I doubt that any of us would want to use it.

Ian

One of the uses for 'Original' Listerine in the '20's and '30's was as an Aftershave. Listerine also made a shave cream. You may have seen the razor banks:
[attachment=5035]

[attachment=5036][attachment=5037][attachment=5038]

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341030465.770576.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341030465.770576.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 21
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341030586.397665.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341030586.397665.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 22
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341030609.016831.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341030609.016831.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 22
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341030635.219095.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341030635.219095.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 25
They did make some very nice razor banks.
You have to remember what time it was in the US. Prohibition. It probably wasn't easy to find many alcohol based aftershaves.

I know a VET I asked about this well she said dog skin is probley more sensative than ours so it'll be ok for you to use as for bitter taste its just to stop dog licking of the treatment unless you like licking yourself this wont be a problem

Back
Top Bottom