Non Expiring (UK) Data SIM Card

Any one know if I can get a data SIM card with pre-loaded x gigabytes of data?
I want to to take a Wifi hotspot when I go camping. They all seem to expire at 30 days, meaning I'll not be able use the data!
Preferably running on the Three/O2/Vodaphone networks...

for the same reasons can i also ask about mifi's to put the card in
1, we want one and dont know what to get , its me and wife and a radius of say 10 foot required

2, but because of using it when traveling we would like to have one that has an external receive antenna to it, when we go camping away especially in france the signal reception is not that great and wanted to know what to add to help it

Thanks @AlexNoodles that is on my radar.
O2 do one too, but much more £ for the same thing!
Why is this so difficult!?!
keep in mind O2 doesnt allow your data allowance to be used outside the UK, which I why I moved away from them!

for the same reasons can i also ask about mifi's to put the card in
1, we want one and dont know what to get , its me and wife and a radius of say 10 foot required

2, but because of using it when traveling we would like to have one that has an external receive antenna to it, when we go camping away especially in france the signal reception is not that great and wanted to know what to add to help it
An antenna wont make much difference, you will just have to accept that what you get is what you get. I'd however recommend a Three sim due to the reasons mentioned above!

As for the dongle, you can buy with confidence from the guys below, I and many people I know have bought gps' etc from them with excellent customer service:

http://www.handtec.co.uk/mobile-phone/mobile-broadband.html

Works out about £30 cheaper to buy your items seperate!

keep in mind O2 doesnt allow your data allowance to be used outside the UK, which I why I moved away from them!

An antenna wont make much difference, you will just have to accept that what you get is what you get. I'd however recommend a Three sim due to the reasons mentioned above!

As for the dongle, you can buy with confidence from the guys below, I and many people I know have bought gps' etc from them with excellent customer service:

http://www.handtec.co.uk/mobile-phone/mobile-broadband.html

Works out about £30 cheaper to buy your items seperate!

i all ready have and use a 3 data sim, its whats getting me online tonight as i am away all week most weeks, what i have is the dongle but no good for the wife when she wants to go online too, thats why we wanted a small mifi instead, the antenna is because a decent antenna point makes a massive difference

If you're going abroad - consider using a local PAYG SIM - see http://prepaid-data-sim-card.wikia.com/wiki/Prepaid_SIM_with_data for details on where & what to get... obviously only works if your device isn't network-locked...

@big chin wonder - many external antennas aren't worth plugging in - if you want to go that route then you need something like a Huawei B593 (which you'll detect also needs a mains supply...) - portable MiFi devices are typically excellent and of course you can easily hang it somewhere high up (inside a polythene bag) nearby to get better reception (rather than having to align your laptop with the ley lines)

Back
Top Bottom