Newbie with ripped face

Pro tip: avoid ebaying for razors around Christmas time and Father's day. Prices tend to go a little crazy when spouses go razor shopping for that "I've always wanted to try one of those" razors.
Wise words indeed.

Similarly January and February are usually a good time to buy as unwanted presents go on the market and quite a few folks need to liquidate assets gathering dust due to cash flow problems

Wise words indeed.

Similarly January and February are usually a good time to buy as unwanted presents go on the market and quite a few folks need to liquidate assets gathering dust due to cash flow problems
Got my eye on an Merkur 34c HD now on the bay it's an unwanted gift with about 30 blades just working out what to bid to its brand new on a faux leather case

Last edited:
Got my eye on an Merkur 34c HD now on the bay it's an unwanted gift with about 30 blades just working out what to bid to its brand new on a faux leather case
If it's a the one described as "Merkur style 34C HD" be mindful of the word "style". The word "style" might be used glibly or it might mean that it's a razor that looks or shaves like a Merkur 34C HD. Even if it is in the style of a Merkur 34C it could be a very good razor. Eyes wide open and all that.

Wise words indeed.

Got my eye on an merkur 34cHD now on the bay it's an unwanted gift with about 30 blades just working out what to bit to its brand new
If it's a the one described as "Merkur style 34C HD" be mindful of the word "style". The word "style" might be used glibly or it might mean that it's a razor that looks or shaves like a Merkur 34C HD. Even if it is in the style of a Merkur 34C it could be a very good razor. Eyes wide open and all that.
well noticed sir I must admit I didn't see that I have asked the seller a question

hi I am completely new to wet shaving I am 28 and come from West Yorkshire
I've always used hair clippers to trim to stubble and left it at that but recently got into dressing better so sharing has become necessary to look right,
I got a brush and some wilkinson sword soap and a disposable from Tescos badly smothered a lather on my face and carved away until smooth now 3 days later I'm on here looking for help to heal my face lol
I've got a DE in the post and some blades (unsure what they are yet) I've been told my cheap brush will be fine and my soap will do until I get more but I need to get the prep right and some post shave balm and some alum is there anything else I'm missing???

hi I am completely new to wet shaving I am 28 and come from West Yorkshire
I've always used hair clippers to trim to stubble and left it at that but recently got into dressing better so sharing has become necessary to look right,
I got a brush and some wilkinson sword soap and a disposable from Tescos badly smothered a lather on my face and carved away until smooth now 3 days later I'm on here looking for help to heal my face lol
I've got a DE in the post and some blades (unsure what they are yet) I've been told my cheap brush will be fine and my soap will do until I get more but I need to get the prep right and some post shave balm and some alum is there anything else I'm missing???
Hello, I'm a newbie too, hope my technique improves before I give up and go back to my hydro 5. For info, I'm using a 34c, astra Sp, Derby soap in a bowl and a vulvix brush

Hello, I'm a newbie too, hope my technique improves before I give up and go back to my hydro 5. For info, I'm using a 34c, astra Sp, Derby soap in a bowl and a vulvix brush
I'm sure it will I'm sure shaving traditionally is more enjoyable even if the shave isn't brilliant, I've had Turkish shaves done that wasn't that close but very enjoyable

Back
Top Bottom