Well, my new toys have arrived.

Now it's time to get brave in the bathroom for my first DE shaving experience

Razor: Merkur Futur Chrome
Blade: Gillette Yellow 7 o'clock SharpEdge
Brush: EJ Black Badger
Soap: TOBS Sandalwood in Bowl
Balm:TOBS Shaving Shop After Shave Gel

IMG_4415.jpg

Hi & very welcome. You won't be the first to start off with a Futur & I'm bettig that if you just keep treating it with respect, dialled way down low & work with the grain your hair grows in you'll do just gr8.

JohnnyO. \:icon_razz:

It was better than I expected.

I did 2 passes WTG with the razor on the mildest setting.

It's not the closest shave in the world, but I didn't expect it to be, but I didn't get any cuts or scrapes.

Lose the beard said:

It's not the closest shave in the world, but I didn't expect it to be, but I didn't get any cuts or scrapes.

That's the right way to go about it. You need to continue to go for comfort and learning your technique for a while yet. As you get more proficient, the closeness of the shaves you get will improve without you needing to make an effort to get closer. This will be aided when you're ready to go for XTG passes.

chrisbell said:
Lose the beard said:

That's the right way to go about it. You need to continue to go for comfort and learning your technique for a while yet. As you get more proficient, the closeness of the shaves you get will improve without you needing to make an effort to get closer. This will be aided when you're ready to go for XTG passes.
+1+1+1 100%

What you miss today you will get tomorrow!

Jim

Back
Top Bottom