New Head Required - Advice, please

Rafael sent me a UFO Kaiser handle. It it a heavy weight beauty! The obvious head to put on it was from my iKon S3S. This combo gave me a lovely shave this morning - but should not be dropped into the basin. My guess is that it would not stop till it hit the floor!

Given that I don't want to separate the heads from the handles of my Tradere or Pils and that a new head needs to be polished stainless steel to match the UFO Kaiser handle - or maybe Weber black - any suggestions for a new head, please?

And if you just happen to own and want to sell whatever you suggest .........

This swap about leaves me with two spare iKon handles - the original Bulldog that came with the S3S and a long traditional that I bought from a member to put onto the S3S. Anyone interested, please let me know .........

The razor with UFO Kaiser handle and iKon S3S head - and a Korean knock-off
DSC00272.jpg

DSC00271-1.jpg

DSC00270.jpg

Lovely, Carl. Rafael's work is superb as always.

I have a Gillette Tech head you could have for a pittance. I found a heavy handle gives it a bit more aggression and makes it much better (for me) but I have 3 Tech heads so can spare one!

Thanks, Paul - I have Techs but even the chromed one does not match. I was thinking of something much sexier than a Tech, in shiny stainless, draped in a gossamer ......

Bechet45 said:
Rafael sent me a UFO Kaiser handle. It it a heavy weight beauty! any suggestions for a new head, please?

And if you just happen to own and want to sell whatever you suggest .........

Boy, that guy makes some fun toys,

Either you or Paul have a picture of the UFO/Tech combo, If you like that sorta shave, I'd suggest trying the Stahly head on that handle. I think it's gonna give you better balance and performance, plus it's not a bad looking head.

There's a Stahly already over in the UK if you wanna try it next. Lemme know.

Brilliant, dodgy! I had not thought of that combination! It works a treat! (Cast your mind back - you were very helpful and informative at the time I bought my Stahly.) Problem is, if I go that way I finish up with an extra long Neep handle looking for a head - I'm very reluctant to split 'The Dodgy', named in your honour.

If an Englishman honours an American, does he 'honour' him or 'honor' him?

Bechet45 said:
(Cast your mind back - you were very helpful and informative at the time I bought my Stahly.)

Sheesh,

Yes Carl, I do remember the deal, now that you jogged my brain. Was that even two months ago? I probably woulda remembered it on my own at some point....heh. Brain's getting squishy I think.

Hey, did you see what that crazy Paul has been posting about recently? He's dressing his DE razors in some kinda cute outfits, Is that odd?

There was also something about him being involved in figuring a way to display em somehow with his large Thomas and Friends train pieces. I stopped reading about it before I got the spins.

The guy may need an intervention soon.

dodgy said:
Sheesh,

Yes Carl, I remember the deal, now that you jogged my brain. Was that even two months ago? I probably woulda remembered it on my own at some point....heh.

Hey, did you see what that crazy Paul has been posting about recently? He's dressing his DE razors in some kinda cute outfits, Is that odd?

There was also something about him being involved in figuring a way to display em somehow with his large Thomas and Friends train pieces. I stopped reading about it before I got the spins.

The guy may need an intervention soon.

Martin, you are sullying my good name.

If you're not careful I'll set one of your numerous monkeys off with a well placed trade offer.

Just watch yourself.

Back
Top Bottom