New Forest Finest Silvertip 2213

NFCFS.jpg

This has a 22 mm Finest Silvertip knot with a loft of 50 mm in an ivory alternative handle 50 mm high and a 34 mm diameter. A superb all rounder suitable for use with soaps and creams and with a firm backbone that will appeal to face latherers. Individually hand made in the New Forest. The first in my range of brushes to bear a new decal logo.

I find it quite plain, too much actually! Your tree logo was simple but to the point, it had so much identity, I was rather fond of it!
I'm sorry Peter, but not a fan of the new "everybody has decals so why can't I" logo!
Why not a decal with the old logo?

I loved the old Logo too, I think it may look a bit different in my hand. If not, when I get my next brush it will be naked. Oooh err!!!

rntdcarvalho said:
I find it quite plain, too much actually! Your tree logo was simple but to the point, it had so much identity, I was rather fond of it!
I'm sorry Peter, but not a fan of the new "everybody has decals so why can't I" logo!
Why not a decal with the old logo?

Most brands use pad printing, either by a machine they own, or in my case, by taking large batches to contract printers. It's a relatively expensive and inflexible process if you manufacture in small batches. So a decal is a more practical long term option for displaying a brand name on the number of brushes I plan to make.

To have set the previous logo within a decal would not have been a practical option. For it to have been easily seen would have required the logo to be too large to affix to the complete range of handles I will be using in future.

I had a chuckle this morning. The first message I received said:"love the logo, so simple"
The second said: " Not keen on the logo, too simple."

I just want people to see it's a New Forest brush and where it's made. Many years ago I attended meetings of a Council Committee set up to design a New Forest Council logo. They spent a fortune on consultants, took weeks to review and reject endless options and finally decided to adopt a suggestion from a member of staff!

I love the new The Shaving Room logo!

Fido said:
To have set the previous logo within a decal would not have been a practical option. For it to have been easily seen would have required the logo to be too large to affix to the complete range of handles I will be using in future.

Thanks for the reply!
Don't worry about it, one can never please everyone, so don't bother with the likes of me!

it's just that the old logo got such prominence in my SotD pictures, (I'll leave some here as an homage)

dsc00954m.jpg

dsc00894hl.jpg

dsc00823fm.jpg

dsc00803d.jpg

img0900ya.jpg

The King is dead. Long live the King! All the best for you and your new brushes Peter!

Back
Top Bottom