Need help identifying a brush

Does anyone have any details on this brush. I acquired it recently and it was new in the box and had its paperwork. I am not familiar with the brand.

The brush is marked Badger, Made In England, with a 6005 number. The brush is white with a small side crease. The base is flat and had an intended white cap (no turning point visible). The loft is 40 mm high and 20mm at the knot. It is very soft to the touch and the handle feels like it is filled with lead shot.

Based on the warranty card, I did as much research as I could. I found that it was imported by Montclair Imports Inc. 35 Bethpage Road Hicksville, NY 11802. The U.S. trademark office stated the the TM was allowed to expire. U.S. TMs have a 6 to 8 year time span then they must be renewed. The TM was filed at the end of 1970. So this is a brush made in the 1970's.

I have posted this on U.S. based websites and have turned up nothing.

Maybe one of you gents my have a lead or a similar to brush.

Any information you may have will be appreciated.

attachment.php

attachment.php

I realize that I took pictures of this right after I loaded my camera with fresh batteries and did not reset the clock.

I think Sunbury had a Montclair, pretty handle, could make a good travel brush. English manufacturers made brushes for all sorts of outlets but the lineage of that one isn't easy to identify.

Back
Top Bottom