My new Shavemac Finest!

Hello,

Just got my shavemac finest brush, it really look gorgeous, and it's hair quality is really great. I even have doubt about the hair being Silvertip instead of Finest, because the hair is so soft and white, still very stiff because of the density...
The knot shoud have been 21mm, but after measuring with a DIY cardboard calliper, the base of knot is slightly bigger than 23mm, even larger than my Mühle 23mm :shock: ... Please note I don't mind the bigger knot... :D Regarding the loft, it is spot on at 48mm, fan shaped, handle style no25 and black/brown color.
Time for pics:
P1010174.jpg

P1010176.jpg
P1010177.jpg

P1010178.jpg

This last pic is next to my custom Sambar stag antler handle (by Rudy Vey) with with D01 two band (19mm), and on the other side is the Mühle Silvertip 23mm

All in all, very happy with this brush! :shave
P1010180.jpg

Good brush, i was then going to say it's good that you chose the finest, otherwise you might have found it too soft.

I have a custom best and though i now use my nf tubby more, it's still a good solid brush.

When you buy an individual knot the size is usually the diameter across the base. So you could have a 21mm knot that needed a 23mm diameter at the top of the handle.

Interesting to see the shavemac logo under the handle - is it printed or a sticker?

Lovely brushes - enjoy!

It seems it is very lightly laser engraved with white paint over it.
Regarding the knot, you're probably true... Still my Mühle 23mm is (slightly) smaller than my 21mm Shavemac...Btw I love the handle!...
Just shaved with it, great softness of the tips...still the backbone is light years from my Mühle...

I have 4 shavemacs brushes : 2 D01 silvertip,1 D01 two band and 1 finest badger.I find my finest badger to be really good for the price I paid for it,but a little bit softer than I usually like.However its a brilliant performer with creams and soaps and perfect for facelathering.
Enjoy yours with health and thanks for sharing those pics!

chrisbell said:
I'm a bit nonplussed by the brush on the left in the group photo (the one with the antler handle). Ive never seen a brush with a crewcut before! :shock: :roll: :lol:

These "extreme flattops" are perfect for face lathering, soap eating machines... :lol: . I have made many of them, and use a couple myself. It is quite a difference from a normal shaped brush. It takes quite some time to get used to it, but then, absolutely sweet.
My recommendation for such brushes is to stay under 22 mm knot size, better are 18-20 mm knots - you have a lot of hair in your face....
These knots are all custom made by Shavemac for me, the only company that allows you to choose shape, knot size and loft.

Fido said:
You mean that the Muhle is "floppy" ?
I wouldn't call it floppy, I can get great lather with any soap or cream, and being a 100% "face-latherer" it gives me entire satisfaction. But I think because of the loft and comparatively lower density, the difference in backbone is quite significant.

Btw after cleaning the brush, then one test lather, and then one real lather, it didn't loose any hair. These Shavemac brushes do have a great build quality...

Back
Top Bottom