My GF thinks I'm weird..

So I had this interesting discussion with the new GF when she was over a few days ago.

Act one, scene one: "living room"
: coffee table full of AS (15-20 bottles), a couple of metres of bubble wrap & sellotape.

She said:
What are you doing with all that?
I said:
Ehhm, well, I'm sending it to england..
She said:
Who the hell would need that much AS??!
I said:
Some friends...
She said:
They don't have aftershave in england?
I said:
Well, they do, but not these ones, you can't get them there...
I said:
I've already sent some to Ireland too..
She said:
And why the hell send them, are you running a business selling these?
I said:
Well, not exactly, It's not making me any money, if that's what you want to know..
She said:
So what's the point?
I said:
They're friends, it's a nice thing to do, no?
She said:
So how do you know these "friends"?
I said:
Well, there is this forum on internet where we talk about shaving..
She said:
Go, on, this is interesting...
I said:
Well, we talk about shaving, and some guys wanted stuff from France, like last month I sent a bunch of soap..
She said:
You what??
I said:
Well I sent them some soap I bought here, about 12 of them, was pretty cool really..
She said:
So you're like trafficking hygiene products to foreign countries..?
I said:
Would you rather I smuggle drugs?
She said:
Well no, but it would certainly be more profitable!!
I said:
I'm not in it for the money, just a bit of harmless fun..
She said:
And are you going to do this often?
I said:
Maybe, depends..
She said:
Depends on what?
I said:
Well, if they want more, I'll send some more.
She said:
Ok, I knew you were a bit weird, but selling AS to random strangers on a shaving forum...
I said:
I'm not selling them, and they're not "random strangers", they've sent me lots of stuff too..
She said:
I said:
Well.. soaps, blades, and bits and pieces..
She said:
Shaving stuff?
I said:
Yeah, shaving stuff...
She said:
Ok, why not? but you're definitely weird..
I said:
I'll put them away before dinner, ok?
She said:
Whatever..

End of scene one, I put all the bottles in one of the boxes in my "office"...

I've tried to remember & translate the scene as accurately as possible :D I did miss a few points, but it would make it a bit long....

Cheers,

Max

Luckily the Wing Commander does all my posting for me.

I hand her the 'gear' - she says "where?" - I give her the address and that's the last I see of it.

If it was 20 bottles of aftershave though, I'm sure the conversation might veer off at a tangent.

Well it the I wrote and she wrote are correct then you are both weird!

I have visions of you both with a white board and marker pen communicating in silence, I imagine a row would be even better furious rubbing's out to get the next point across.....

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Jeltz said:
Well it the I wrote and she wrote are correct then you are both weird!

I have visions of you both with a white board and marker pen communicating in silence, I imagine a row would be even better furious rubbing's out to get the next point across.....

:lol: :lol: :lol:
You just gave me a brilliant idea.. :idea: thanks.. ;)

Max

I have had trouble communicating the same sort of issues.

"I'm just going to post this for a friend, colleague, associate, weirdo, fellow shaving enthusiast?"

I blame myself, I've failed to properly define my relationship with you lot. As long as there is as much going out as coming in there doesn't seem to be a problem. If I get multiple parcels on consecutive days I get the look.

It's a gender thing, girls don't willing help each other spontaneously.

I have the advantage of having a GF that does not live with me, and doesn't have her own place.
(the other advantage is that I can occupy 95% of bathroom shelf space with my stuff)
This way I go to the PO when she's not around to post/pick up parcels from there. She's none the wiser.

On top of that, I could just throw my "joker" on the table.. my place, my rules. (I tend to be careful using that one)
If ever we move in together, rules might be changed, that's the moment I'll have to put my foot down.!

Max

FrenchBlade said:
On top of that, I could just throw my "joker" on the table.. my place, my rules.

Oh dear oh dear oh dear
original
a lot to learn yet. It never works like that. SWMBO was never asked to move in. I just realised it had happened when there was more shit of hers in the house than there was mine.

antdad said:
If I get multiple parcels on consecutive days I get the look.

This always happens to me and I get the "What have you been buying now?" chat. But as you say Tony as long as there is stuff going out too then it's usually ok.

FrenchBlade said:
On top of that, I could just throw my "joker" on the table.. my place, my rules. (I tend to be careful using that one)

That's one to use when you fancy a prolonged period of celibacy :|

i.e. a reply along the lines of "my pussy my rules"

Back
Top Bottom