Multiple razor shave?

I've noticed in the SOTD threads that a few shavers list 2 razors in their one daily shave, usually both are DE's, Merkurs and Muhles are two I've seen mixing it up.

Can any of the multiple razor men expand on why? Just curious.

I occasionally have to use a sensor to tidy up 2 or 3 hairs right in under my septum where the big DE heads won't fit, but can't work out where 2 DEs would be advantageous. :geek:

You've opened a can of worms now!

No, seriously, most people don't, or usually combine a DE and a straight.
Mikael for instance shaves his face with a straight, and his head with a DE.
When starting off with a straight, I use to touch up the hard parts with a DE.

Some people that do use 2 DEs, find that they do a first pass with something agressive, and second with something mild (or vice-versa)
It would be similar to using an adjustable with different setting on first and second pass.

Hope that explains it :D

Max

^^ :lol:

Thank you Max, it seems to make sense to mix straight and DE and I'd not thought of that. I'm sure it's not common to use two DEs but I've definitely seen it from one member if not more... I'll keep an eye out for him and will report him here. ;)

Some of us learning to shave with a straight razor sometimes 'tidy up' with a DE or a cartridge, but I can't say that I have notice people using 2 DE razors with any kind of regularity.

Ian

Just done a bit of a search on SOTD and the last one I've noticed is Slow Shave who uses both a Jagger DE89 and an open comb Mühle.

Max's theory on two differing levels of agression seem to be backed up by those 2 choices.

CanucksTraveller said:
Just done a bit of a search on SOTD and the last one I've noticed is Slow Shave who uses both a Jagger DE89 and an open comb Mühle.

Max's theory on two differing levels of agression seem to be backed up by those 2 choices.

Oh, ok. I'd not noticed that.

Ian

I often do a tidy up pass with a DE or Bic after a straight shave and if a blade gives me trouble I may bin it in which case I like to change razor when I change blade.

A few people like to use different razors with different levels of aggression for each pass, which mimics the idea of using an adjustable and altering the setting for each pass.

I like to finish up my third and last pass with a WS classic or Tech going ATG. I have found going ATG with my 34C or red tip is recipe for disaster in my case, but when I do this I can get a BBS with little, if any, irritation. Of course everyone is different, I just found this is the best strategy for my face.

Hiya,

Since starting to grow a mustache last month, I have been using an L type injector for the fine trim work under my nose. Much thinner profile than my assorted DE razors, which is pretty handy.

Martin

CanucksTraveller said:
dodgy said:
I have been using an L type injector for the fine trim work under my nose. Much thinner profile than my assorted DE razors

I had to look it up but it's nice, I like that.

Hi there,

Yeah, it's a nothing fancy injector, but still one of my favorites. It's nice being able to see exactly what's being shaved, and the injector is very effective for that.

I have an adjustable injector that is sometimes used for my whole face, but the L is fine for what's needed in this case.

Martin

The though of analyzing this makes my mind go in circles.. :shock:
Though..if its closeness vs convenience a str8 razor would out do a DE anytime..but if you are in a hurry then a DE/SE would be better suited!

B

Back
Top Bottom