Moustache management

So... having long been a beard wearer I've started using a Feather AC (The folding SS - a very nice thing) to shave my cheeks and neck (I'm keeping the beard, but in check). I'm also working on a handlebar 'tache and have managed to get slightly lopsided by taking a little too much off one side but not the other.

I've evened it up now, but I'm concerned I'm going to screw it up again. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to avoid making the same mistake again?

If it comes down to 'practice', then I'm fine with that, but some pointers on what to practice would be nice too.

The problem I'm having is more about how to avoid trimming it by accident. Maybe the trick is to wax it before shaving and rely on the wax to keep it out of the way.

After a certain length has been achieved Vinnie has the right of it. Whilst it's getting to that length then I'm afraid you just have to do your best and hope you don't dig too big a scoop out.

Also I tried to work out easily recognisable boundaries to use, for my handle bar I shaved to a line perpendicular from the corner of my mouth. It helped to have something other than stubble to find the line of attack. With a handlebar it gives you a degree of latitude to try different styles, without the bulk at the corners of the mouth.

Back
Top Bottom