More shavemacs to the family.

I already have 4 shavemacs : 2 D01 silvertip,one D01 two band and 1 finest badger.Today I got 2 more : 1 silvertip with a 19mm knot and 48mm loft and one pure badger with 21mm knot and 52mm loft:

P1220546.jpg

I do have a friend who told me that he has a shavemac in pure badger and one Plisson in european grey and he cant find any differences in the hair used by both brands,but the handle,and the price. I find it more soft in the tips that I was expecting and also with a really great backbone,like the Morris and Forndran blonde badgers that I have.

P1220555.jpg

The silvertip one has a 19mm knot and its soft and luxurious like my Vie Long 16910.Im finding myself liking these kind of small brushes with three band badger hair with knots under 20mm and lofts under 48mm,more than I even thought.Actually,they have became my favorite brushes,taking the spot of the 2 band badger hair.
This little fellow looks really similar than the Saville Row "Il Bambino" shaving brush,a kind of a famous brush among lovers of facelathering and silvertip brushes.:wink: I would say that,besides the color of the handle,they look identical,even the shape of the hair....Anyway,I know that this brush its gonna make me happy from now on.

P1220548.jpg

I find shavemac to be one of the finest brush makers on the market right now,even better,for my likes, than some famous UK brush makers.Im sure that I will be adding more shavemacs to the family in the future.

Thanks to Bern Bloss and his brand,shavemac,for offering such SUPERB badger hair shaving brushes!!!

P1220560.jpg

Lovely brushes. When I look at those shapes and recognise how common they are - several big name makers use that shape - it does make the fuss about Trumpers producing something similar to the Simpsons Chubby look a bit daft.

Super colour.

Fido said:
Lovely brushes. When I look at those shapes and recognise how common they are - several big name makers use that shape - it does make the fuss about Trumpers producing something similar to the Simpsons Chubby look a bit daft.

Super colour.

Yes,my friend,youre right about it.This ones looks like some Plisson models.And something that I would like to know is about the shavemac pure badger hair being equal in performance,softness of tips,backbone and looks than the Plisson european grey.

Fido said:
I have a Plisson in european grey. This one:

http://fidosshavingbrushblog.blogspot.com/2010/02/plisson-european-grey.html

Not one of my most enthusiastic reviews!

Yes,Fido,I did read that review,but for some reason I thought that it was european white instead of european grey...I need to really read what its written...:mad:

Thanks for your reviews of all those brushes.

Back
Top Bottom