Mongoose in Stainless Steel

How is this razor regarded by SE members?

How does 'highly' sound?

They are a bit of a Marmite item, love them or hate them. In my case I love them and consider them one of the top SE razors out there.

They sit towards mid-aggressive, but get the right blade in there (Super Professional in my case) and buttery smooth. Some say they can't find the angle, but I find it easy with the sloping forward edge and can't really see what else you could do, except follow the edge.

Believe some of the early razors had quality issues but not met anything out of order and it simply shaves on and on.

Love them

Hate Marmite

How does 'highly' sound?

They are a bit of a Marmite item, love them or hate them. In my case I love them and consider them one of the top SE razors out there.

They sit towards mid-aggressive, but get the right blade in there (Super Professional in my case) and buttery smooth. Some say they can't find the angle, but I find it easy with the sloping forward edge and can't really see what else you could do, except follow the edge.

Believe some of the early razors had quality issues but not met anything out of order and it simply shaves on and on.

Love them

Hate Marmite
I'm trying to love it. I certainly appreciate its simple lines. I have very little experience so far, only acquired it recently. I do find the angle a bit uncertain but practice makes perfect. Am very unused to its attack width!

At moment I'm in love with my Blackland Sabre L1.

I've got one, and as I recall, they were the first of the AC razors, along with the Cobra. I think the idea was that the Mongoose would be the Cobra killer, which worked well as you could, with patience, actually get one from the USA.

The shave never seems to have any special character beyond smooth and very efficient, but the choice of blade can make quite a difference. As I expect around ten or a dozen days use, longevity is excellent.

Having owned one for a while a thought of the Mongoose as a decent SE razor, but not quite up to standard of the ATT SE1 or Razorock Hawk V3, let alone the Vector or Colonial General. Somehow the shave I got never seemed quite as smooth as with the other four.
This morning, however, I tried it with a Featrher Super Pro on its third use and things just seemed to click, even though it was a rushed "I'm a bit late" shave. It's not quite convinced me it's up there with the best, but I think I#ll keep persevering in the hope it will get there.

Back
Top Bottom