Memorable shave, anyone else had one ?

I was talking to a mate of mine about turning to DE wet shaving after so many years and I got round to thinking about a 'memorable' shave :?:

Bit of fun, anyone else remember a 'memorable' shave :?:

Back in the early 1960's as a child, I was taken to a barber near the bus station @ Lancaster for a haircut, Jim was the barber who cut my hair at the time. I recall being sat on a plank of wood put across the chair arms so I was at the right height for JIm to cut my hair, I always got a huge orange for sitting still :D

Fast forward a good few years, mid 1970's, I went to a barbers shop in the Bowerham area of Lancaster for a haircut and the barber recognised me, it was Jim, he was renting a chair at a different barbers :!: I had my haircut, we were talking and Jim asked if I was going out 'on the pull' that night :roll: I was, it was a first date that night, so Jim offered me a 'proper shave' on the house seeing as he was quiet :!:

As best as I can recall, it was a soap or something first then a really hot towel for a short while, then a real lather and then the razor, I'd seen the barbers using the strop before but hadn't realised what it was for, then some sort cologne was splashed round my chops :lol: I do recall the shave was really smooth, better than anything I'd ever managed :roll: a memorable shave indeed, a long time ago, but still memorable :cool:

Did I pull :eek: yes I did as a matter of fact, we were together for 3 or 4 years, not sure if it was ALL down to the shave though :lol:

baz chaz said:
I was talking to a mate of mine about turning to DE wet shaving after so many years and I got round to thinking about a 'memorable' shave :?:

Bit of fun, anyone else remember a 'memorable' shave :?:

Back in the early 1960's as a child, I was taken to a barber near the bus station @ Lancaster for a haircut, Jim was the barber who cut my hair at the time. I recall being sat on a plank of wood put across the chair arms so I was at the right height for JIm to cut my hair, I always got a huge orange for sitting still :D

Fast forward a good few years, mid 1970's, I went to a barbers shop in the Bowerham area of Lancaster for a haircut and the barber recognised me, it was Jim, he was renting a chair at a different barbers :!: I had my haircut, we were talking and Jim asked if I was going out 'on the pull' that night :roll: I was, it was a first date that night, so Jim offered me a 'proper shave' on the house seeing as he was quiet :!:

As best as I can recall, it was a soap or something first then a really hot towel for a short while, then a real lather and then the razor, I'd seen the barbers using the strop before but hadn't realised what it was for, then some sort cologne was splashed round my chops :lol: I do recall the shave was really smooth, better than anything I'd ever managed :roll: a memorable shave indeed, a long time ago, but still memorable :cool:

Did I pull :eek: yes I did as a matter of fact, we were together for 3 or 4 years, not sure if it was ALL down to the shave though :lol:
Great story. Makes me wish I had been around in the hey day of shaving. I popped into a barber's today who had a load of vintage shaving equipment. The owner wasn't there so I may pop in for a chat and maybe have my first 'proper' shave

Back
Top Bottom