McVities Digestives.

My late mother called them Chocolate Wheatens. Absolutely no idea why! :unsure:

How interesting.
That’s what my mother calls them as well and I don’t remember anyone else calling them that.
I’ve always thought it was an old Scottish term she picked up from her own mother or grandmother.

I've never really liked plain Digestives, regardless of which brand they are. I have always preferred the chocolate ones. I also LOVE McVities' Ginger biscuits, which I always buy from my local supermarket. Now, they ARE tasty!

(I'm quite partial to a nice Fig Roll, Custard Creams, Jammie Dodgers, Chocolate Hobnobs or Rich Tea biscuits too)! They're all very bad for the waistline, though, lol.

I've never really liked plain Digestives, regardless of which brand they are. I have always preferred the chocolate ones. I also LOVE McVities' Ginger biscuits, which I always buy from my local supermarket. Now, they ARE tasty!

(I'm quite partial to a nice Fig Roll, Custard Creams, Jammie Dodgers, Chocolate Hobnobs or Rich Tea biscuits too)! They're all very bad for the waistline, though, lol.
My Father had what I thought was a peculiar habit at the time , putting a copious amount of butter on a rich tea biscuit , having tried it later on in life , I can see where he was coming from .

Back
Top Bottom