Maguires Barbershop (on eBay)

I bought a 500 ml tub of Proraso Pre / Post from them for less than a seconds one went for auction from Connaught on ebay. I split it with Quattrojames which worked out well.
Good, quick service.

One 400ml bottle of Proraso splash arrived today. It's one of the seconds with damage to the label... well I can see some printing failure, but no actual damage.

Now on to Royal Mail's involvement... they managed to crack the lid, so there was some leakage, not enough to worry about, maybe 2-3ml.

Hi Guys, :)
Just doing my usual surf of the net after visiting Maguire's barbers today !. Firstly it's great to come across a forum dedicated to traditional wet shaving. My first was in Turkey about 11 years ago and I must say that after over 100 shave's Turkish style I thought I would not get a better shave in this country !. My first thought about having a shave here was the price, £9.95 ?, I have had shave's in Newcastle prices ranging from £24 for a deluxe to £15 for an express so a traditional shave for under a tenner?. I must say it was the most pleasurable experience I've had regarding shaving/pampering etc. I had 2 pre shave creams, then hot towel and lather with first shave. Further lather and 2nd shave against the growth, cold towel, Alum stone, fanning with towel. Post shave balm and a choice of Proraso, Floid Blue or Amber or Proraso aftershave balm for sensitive skin (all of which the barber offered on the initial shave consultation). I had heard of Proraso many times, but in Turkey you are splashed with a lemon spritz, so I plumped for Floid Amber and I loved that soft Talc smell. I must say that it was the best tenner I spent having a wet shave here and even splashed out on a large bottle of the Floid and their pre/post cream and a shaving cream. the thing I liked about the consultation and chat during my shave was that I was given advice about my shaving routine, but not in a hard sell (buy our products) way. I might not make it to Maguire's for every shave, but I will certainly try to be pampered once a month.
I know this has nothing to do with ebay guy's but just seen the Maguire's Barbershop in this section.

Well I called in today for a shave (and a sniff at the Floid blue & genuine...)

A very pleasant shave in convivial surroundings - looks like the same routine as the previous poster - preshave oil, a whole Proraso 2-pass shave (pre, lather, shave, lather, warm rinse, post, cold rinse) then a shot of AS. No shaving advice to me, just compliments on my boyishly good skin :lol: I still came out with a bottle of Floid blue and 2 atomisers though. Well spent 50 minutes of my time I think.

Will I go back for another shave? sure I will.

This month sees us introduce PENNELLIFICIO OMEGA SPA, a leading Italian Shaving Brush Manufacturer since 1946. The famous OMEGA brand offers a wide selection of high professional quality shaving brushes and gift sets, both in bristle, pure badger or synthetic fibres.

We now stock extensive ranges of the following brands at extremely competitive prices;

MarvisLogo.bmp
Floid.jpg
Logo-Omega-1.jpg

5dac7ce6-5b4c-45a0-82ac-d4c025a4f658.jpg
poster-pashana.gif
logo1.gif
american_crew-logo.gif

If you are interested in any of these products please click on the following link to our EBay site

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/maguires.barbershop" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/maguires.barbershop</a><!-- m -->

Our aim has not changed and will always remain the same... to bring the leading barbering brands to our customers at attractive prices. Whenever possible, we set up direct relationships with the manufacturers of those brands. In doing this we avoid a layer of distribution (and cost), but always pass the savings on to our customers. Throughout 2011 we will be introducing many exciting and well known brands.....

Remember it’s not too late to buy for Xmas (even International customers) or maybe you would like to treat yourself again!

Many thanks for your support during 2010 and may we take this opportunity to wish you a Merry Xmas and a prosperous 2011!

Kind Regards

Jonathan

MAGUIRE'S Barbershop
( 0191 2401001
È 07970 663548
* <!-- e --><a href="mailto:info@maguiresbarbershop.co.uk">info@maguiresbarbershop.co.uk</a><!-- e -->

Whereabouts in Newcastle is this? Anywhere near Jesmond?
I was going to head over to my usual (Carrs') next week for a bit of Trumper's indulgence in a shave, but it is a tad pricey and if there is another good one nearby then I'll give that a whirl...

Trueman

Trueman said:
Whereabouts in Newcastle is this? Anywhere near Jesmond?
I was going to head over to my usual (Carrs') next week for a bit of Trumper's indulgence in a shave, but it is a tad pricey and if there is another good one nearby then I'll give that a whirl...

Trueman

176 Newton Road, High Heaton - near the Freeman Hospital... Jesmond is not a million miles away (the other side of the Dene in fact)

Back
Top Bottom