Lord Blues sword

yes , I have decided to give all the blades in my sample pack ( thanks for the advice Boycie83, I ordered your suggestion) 3 shaves before making any kind of decision.

Some have suggested the difference between Lord's Platinum range are either minimal or non existent. I think there's a chance the Blue Sword Platinum is the same blade as the Lord Platinum and I also found it was a better performer on the 2nd shave.

I've used a few Lord blades, the Lord Classic Super Stainless Green and the Silver Star are my favourite blades of their range I have tried.

Some have suggested the difference between Lord's Platinum range are either minimal or non existent. I think there's a chance the Blue Sword Platinum is the same blade as the Lord Platinum and I also found it was a better performer on the 2nd shave.

I've used a few Lord blades, the Lord Classic Super Stainless Green and the Silver Star are my favourite blades of their range I have tried.
Thanks for the tip

It might have replaced the old(er) Lord Superior Platinum.

Lord-Superior-Platinum.jpg

I'm not entirely sure where I read (I think it was B&B) but that blade is exactly the same as the standard Lord Platinum, but they are packaged differently for different markets.
When I got a pack (yet to try it) I could only find one British vendor who stocked them and wondered if it was a custom brand. I'm now seeing two British vendors stocking them.

If I didn't have such a mound of blades to get through, I'd love to run through all the Lord blades I've got ... counts 'em up ... 23 different blades! I'm just missing (well, not prepared to spend the money on) those carbon Captain blades.

FWIW @Kluson Lord can be regarded as the spirital successor to Wilkinson Sword. Wilkinson Sword equipment and expertise got the Lord brand up and running: https://www.lordshave.net/profile.php

This is a VERY broad thing to say, but I think there are two kinds of razor blade out there and this is borne out of seeing folks who rave about one set and utterly abhor the other, then I see folks raving about the other but abhor the first. There's the Russian blades, then there's the Indian/Pakistani/Bangladeshi/Egyptian blades. Personally, I prefer the Indian blades and don't much like the Russian. I've no idea where the Turkish fit into this as they're all horrible, apart from Russian made for the Turkish market (PermaSharp Super) ... oh, heck! That blows that myth.

Complex ...

What I would say, in echo of above sentiments, is try a blade once and enjoy it for three shaves, try it again and see how you like it. Often the first shave can be the worst as you can see from Refined Shave that many blades are infact at their sharpest AFTER the first shave. Other blades just come out of the gates as good as they'll be and carry on from there.

Another thing that comes into play is the blade alignment where when you nip up the razor, you end up with one side a little more pronounced than the other which often translates as rough on one side and too mild on the other, requiring you to add more pressure which is awful when you flip back to the other side. Even inadvertently, nipping up the razor can lead to one harsh side and one mild side. Whenever I encounter a potentially poor/rough blade, I'll always try re-aligning the razor first. Just slacken it off, hang it by the end of the handle, give it a little jiggle, hold the blade in the head and then nip it back up.

Sometimes, the second time you try the blade you've got the alignment happily nipped up just right.

When I got a pack (yet to try it) I could only find one British vendor who stocked them and wondered if it was a custom brand. I'm now seeing two British vendors stocking them.

If I didn't have such a mound of blades to get through, I'd love to run through all the Lord blades I've got ... counts 'em up ... 23 different blades! I'm just missing (well, not prepared to spend the money on) those carbon Captain blades.

FWIW @Kluson Lord can be regarded as the spirital successor to Wilkinson Sword. Wilkinson Sword equipment and expertise got the Lord brand up and running: https://www.lordshave.net/profile.php

This is a VERY broad thing to say, but I think there are two kinds of razor blade out there and this is borne out of seeing folks who rave about one set and utterly abhor the other, then I see folks raving about the other but abhor the first. There's the Russian blades, then there's the Indian/Pakistani/Bangladeshi/Egyptian blades. Personally, I prefer the Indian blades and don't much like the Russian. I've no idea where the Turkish fit into this as they're all horrible, apart from Russian made for the Turkish market (PermaSharp Super) ... oh, heck! That blows that myth.

Complex ...

What I would say, in echo of above sentiments, is try a blade once and enjoy it for three shaves, try it again and see how you like it. Often the first shave can be the worst as you can see from Refined Shave that many blades are infact at their sharpest AFTER the first shave. Other blades just come out of the gates as good as they'll be and carry on from there.

Another thing that comes into play is the blade alignment where when you nip up the razor, you end up with one side a little more pronounced than the other which often translates as rough on one side and too mild on the other, requiring you to add more pressure which is awful when you flip back to the other side. Even inadvertently, nipping up the razor can lead to one harsh side and one mild side. Whenever I encounter a potentially poor/rough blade, I'll always try re-aligning the razor first. Just slacken it off, hang it by the end of the handle, give it a little jiggle, hold the blade in the head and then nip it back up.

Sometimes, the second time you try the blade you've got the alignment happily nipped up just right.
Thanks for a great explanation and tips

Back
Top Bottom