Looking after brush and cream

Hi all,

Just starting off and had another thing I wanted to check

When lathering, I'm putting my wet brush (shaken off) into the cream pot direct (T&H No.10) and lathering on the face.

Then when done:

1 - Is it OK to wash the brush and just shake it off (a lot) then leave it upside down to air dry?
2 - Is it OK to just close the cream pot and leave it? I suppose this question is really - should I be putting the wet brush in there to begin with? Or will this spoil the cream?

Thanks!

I've seen loads of views on this and I have no idea if my view is 'correct' - but it's what I think.
1. Leaving brush upside down to dry is fine - maybe takes slightly longer to dry than upright.

2. I scoop cream out with my finger and put it on the brush - my feeling is that I don't want to chance adding water to the cream over time. Don't want to make it more runny. I've heard of some people using scoops for hygiene reasons rather than finger, but I personally don't think that's necessary.

Prefer soaps though.

When using a cream from a tube these days I spread a dollop over the entire areas of my face that I want to shave. Brush will have been in water for a while at this point. I squeeze out the water then a couple of flicks, then to work. If the mix is a little dry I dip the brush tips in water and lather more.
When finished I wash out the brush in the sink and then under a running tap. Squeeze, flick, quick couple of strokes on my towel and then on top of the cabinet to dry out. The bathroom is well ventilated and catches the sun so it warm but not humid. Consequently the brush dries nicely over the course of a day.
For croaps I pick up directly from the bowl with the same brush prep as before. I do let warm water sit on the croap and use that water as a pre-shave prep.
There is no correct!

Back
Top Bottom