Lethal craft knife

daz said:
I thought you might be along sometime Hairsuite. I have had a fascination with sharp things for as long as I can remember (perhaps I shouldn't be telling you things like this after our first meeting) I was caught with my first stilleto bladed flicknife at the age of 12. My folks found it under my pillow and called the local bobby, (remember them?) Sergeant Russell IIRC. He was a rather large man with size 12's and a voice like a drill instructor. I was suitably terrified and never owned another one!

I have always assumed since then that they were completely illegal to own or carry. Not that it matters though, as you have pointed out that they are illegal to pass on to anyone but the police for disposal, which would make it pretty difficult to get hold of one.

My wife tells everyone who will listen about one of my trips to the game fair at Scone, whilst buying two Bucks, an Alpha and a sheath version she asked "do you need another knife" to which I replied without thinking "you can never own too many knives"

knives are Man shoes...... :icon_razz:

Hairsuite said:
daz said:
I thought you might be along sometime Hairsuite. I have had a fascination with sharp things for as long as I can remember (perhaps I shouldn't be telling you things like this after our first meeting) I was caught with my first stilleto bladed flicknife at the age of 12. My folks found it under my pillow and called the local bobby, (remember them?) Sergeant Russell IIRC. He was a rather large man with size 12's and a voice like a drill instructor. I was suitably terrified and never owned another one!

I have always assumed since then that they were completely illegal to own or carry. Not that it matters though, as you have pointed out that they are illegal to pass on to anyone but the police for disposal, which would make it pretty difficult to get hold of one.

My wife tells everyone who will listen about one of my trips to the game fair at Scone, whilst buying two Bucks, an Alpha and a sheath version she asked "do you need another knife" to which I replied without thinking "you can never own too many knives"

knives are Man shoes...... :icon_razz:

thats why ive only got 1 de and an ever increasing amount of straights:angel:

This forum lead to the purchase of my first knife as an adult. I loved them when from the ages of about 14-16, but every time I acquired one my Dad would take it off me. I've lost a few that way. Forgot about them for a while, and whilst discussing with a fellow forum member the unwrapping of a very selotaped sample I sent him, my interest in knives was rekindled.

Nothing fancy, but went for a Wenger Soldier, and a Spyderco Bug for work.

Interestingly, I did have a knife exactly the same as the one this thread is based on, except I paid more than that for it. I had it for work, but it fell apart pretty quickly.

Back
Top Bottom