King cobra

Not sure how many people have king cobras in the UK - but today when i cleaned my king cobra noticed a bronze hue around the edges - seems the playing is coming off already - anyone else noticed this ?

Do you think it would be easy to replate the king head ? If so any decent repeaters in the UK?

Did you buy it in the UK? If so, get back to the retailer. You are covered by the Sale of Goods Act. You have a contract with the retailer and your rights last for six years.
Obviously you ask for a replacement first - ignore any bollocks about hygiene, the item is faulty. Don't let them fob you off by telling you to contact the manufacturer.
If they get arsey, the mention of the SoG Act tends to pull them into line rather quickly.

No point in returning it - they have been out of stock since they were made available - so think it would be better getting it re-plated myself- was thinking black chrome also lol. So who can do it?

Nrahuf said:
Not sure how many people have king cobras in the UK - but today when i cleaned my king cobra noticed a bronze hue around the edges - seems the playing is coming off already - anyone else noticed this ?

Do you think it would be easy to replate the king head ? If so any decent repeaters in the UK?

You really shouldn't have to re-plate that razor after such a short time, assuming that it's not been mishandled in any way.

It's an expensive piece of kit and it should last MUCH longer than it has.

Ian

Ian - agree. It hasn't been manhandled. I look after my razors drying and wiping with just a soft cloth after use.

I'm just thinking if I send back - only option is getting my money back as they do not have any in stock nor do they know when they are getting some. A replate will cost me £20-30 not a huge amount in the grand scheme of things if it means I get to keep razor.

Just need to know who has the ability to re- plate in the UK?

Nrahuf a few people on here have used these guys......... http://www.alphaelectroplaters.co.uk/finishes.php
The only problem is that they don't offer black chrome as an option, what the prices are I don't know. Shame Dave Glynne has stopped doing replates as he was very good and his prices were competitive.

Nrahuf said:
Ian - agree. It hasn't been manhandled. I look after my razors drying and wiping with just a soft cloth after use.

I'm just thinking if I send back - only option is getting my money back as they do not have any in stock nor do they know when they are getting some. A replate will cost me £20-30 not a huge amount in the grand scheme of things if it means I get to keep razor.

Just need to know who has the ability to re- plate in the UK?

I understand. It just annoys me that they've been a bit lax with your particular razor and are going to get away with it!

I don't really know why I'm getting annoyed, it's not even my razor!

Good luck with the re-plating.

Ian

Back
Top Bottom