KAI Captain and KAI Captain Sharpblade

Currently trialling the MG with the Sharpblade next. I do like the Captain Titan Mild, although I prefer the Feathers Pro. Whilst I can't give you an answer on the Sharpblade, the MG is like the ProGuard although it seems slightly less smooth but a little sharper. It also seems likely to end up longer lasting than the Guard. If I remember and if you are interested when The MG gives up the ghost I will be trying the Sharpblade and I will let you know how it goes.

By the way, I am trying them out in Cobra Classic/King Cobra/Mongoose.

Have you tried the Captain? I like the Captain Mild and prefer it to the Feather Pro but want to try the Captain. Not easy to find though.

No. I was told that the following are the only blades that will fit in a Cobra/Mongoose:

Feathers Pro
Feathers Pro Super
Feathers Pro Guard
Kai Captain Titan Mild
Kai Captain ProTouch MG
Kai Captain Sharpblade

Happy to hear if there are any others though.

Google being a personal friend of mine I just gave it a try and came up with this:

http://barberblades.co.uk/shaving/blades/kasho-kai-captain-razor-blades

Apologies if posting such links is not allowed. If anyone buys a pack I would be most grateful to know if it fits the goose/cobra and if is any damn good. In return I am still trialling the other two Kai's I mentioned.

MrK1 said:
Do the Pro Supers fit in the Cobra?

Doesn't it have a blade stop like the King Cobra?

I have used Pro Supers in both King Cobra and Cobra Classic. They aren't my favourite blades but they fit and they work.

If it is important let me know exactly what you want and I will try to photograph it. Going away for a couple of days so it won't be a quick answer!

Thanks for the offer, no need though. I will try the supers in my King Cobra.

BTW - As you have all 3, if you had to choose one, which one would you pick?

Choose one of the 3 razors? Damn that's hard! I don't think I would ever be satisfied without one of the Cobras and a mongoose. But if I was marooned on a desert island and could only have one, right now it would be the goose but that opinion is subject to change!

So taken with the 3 that I am considering getting rid of my Ikon and ATT DEs!

The Kai Captain fits the Mongoose and the Cobra. I have used it in both. As far as the Mongoose is concerned I found it fantastic. It delivered 10 smooth and irritation free shaves. I find it better than the Feather Pro in all aspects - longer lasting, smoother, better shave. There maybe something in the PINK technology. I guess most of us are after the next best thing so would love to try Kai Sharpblade, but quite a price to order from across the pond.

Thanks for the responses.

Jon

49er said:
No. I was told that the following are the only blades that will fit in a Cobra/Mongoose:

Feathers Pro
Feathers Pro Super
Feathers Pro Guard
Kai Captain Titan Mild
Kai Captain ProTouch MG
Kai Captain Sharpblade

Happy to hear if there are any others though.

Google being a personal friend of mine I just gave it a try and came up with this:

http://barberblades.co.uk/shaving/blades/kasho-kai-captain-razor-blades

Apologies if posting such links is not allowed. If anyone buys a pack I would be most grateful to know if it fits the goose/cobra and if is any damn good. In return I am still trialling the other two Kai's I mentioned.

Back
Top Bottom