Italian razors on ebay

Johnus said:
Well... Razor arrived from Italy . While probably worth what I paid... It wasn't what what I thought[emoji33]
Should have explore before I bought... It's a Kabrand, ? French razor, made from German steel, living in Italy. Now immigrated to the US!!

Whats the story here John? I tried following your posts but can't see anything related to a purchase.

Couldn't afford a Livi... So an Italian razor is an Italian Razor! Saw the ""Italian Razor"" (ie Razor living in Italy) and said WOW, how different could it be? A Livi or an "Italian" Razor. So I went for it!!
Now all I have to do is to try it out tonite. My Italian Razor, from France, made with German Steel!
How much different can the Two be?? Livi or Kabrand_i.

(Martin made me do it[emoji40])

Well ... There probably is a difference between the Livi and the the Kabrand.
1st it wasn't shave ready. Took a little more than the pasted strop to get it into shape. Took out the stones, did about a 1/2 hr of honing and Stropping and it shaved ok . Balance was ok. Blade width ok.
Probably will let it rest till Saturday and give it a Stropping and see if she remember what I thought it today!(;-)

Guess the Kabrand is ok for me... Just saw the Livi on eBay with a starting bid of 750.00$.

The Livi Team just sent me pictures of my razor! Stunning and I cant wait

8509ecd2998e2ad597f999a7b772dab9_zpsd1ea0c92.jpg

2c6c1a4e2143cb4c3447cb7e00b18d1d_zps7e2a19bb.jpg

Jason,

That razor is absolutely gorgeous. You need a matching brush :)

I got my buckeye burl brush from Rodney Neep which is a close match as I asked Mastro Livi if he had a block of wood to make a brush handle but alas currently he doesn't have a large enough piece.

I've thought about matching brushes with straights (I have a lovely Raymond Bukaty to match a Santon Genes Dragon Slayer) but alas, I have no more space until a few are sold on.

Although saying that, I have been speaking to Mr Le Tuft.........

Jpshaver said:
I've thought about matching brushes with straights (I have a lovely Raymond Bukaty to match a Santon Genes Dragon Slayer) but alas, I have no more space until a few are sold on.

if you'd like me to "Store" a few straights for you....... there's always room in my house :D

BraveBlades said:
Jpshaver said:

if you'd like me to "Store" a few straights for you....... there's always room in my house :D

Thank you for that very kind offer sir, I shall seriously give it some thought

There you go.......I'm thinking not, but The Better Half would probably love the idea. She seems to have got it in her head that they are a hazard and our cat is somehow going to open the doors, take the razors out of a hanging pouch thingy, unfold the blade and then somehow remove limbs :icon_razz:

Back
Top Bottom