Is the Rooney 3/1 that good? Video inside

A member of foroafeitado (CoffeeAddict) has made this video about a brand new Rooney 3/1 super silvertip.As you can see in the video (the video has no words in spanish,dont worry),the brand new brush makes easy lather of Pre de Provence on its first try.
Is Rooney that good?Please tell me no.... :lol:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQ4aNPTj9Og[/youtube]

I kind of agree with Peter, re fluffy lather. BUT it was the first go and most brushes doesn´t whip up the best lather on the first try, actually none of my brushes has.

I´ve got one Rooney and I like it a lot, but it´s a very different kind of brush compared to that one.

Fido said:
What a breathtakingly awful video!

I won't be employing him to advertise my brushes!
Even the lather looked fluffy. Perhaps I've just had more wine than I thought.
Oh come on,Peter,its not that bad!Hes using the brush for the first time,so the lather from the PdP isnt as thicker as it could be,but not too bad for the very first attempt of that brush.Thats what really amazes me,since everytime I try to make lather for the first time with a brand new brush its a total failure....

hunnymonster said:
I think Peter was referring to the production values... often out of focus and underexposed...
Yes,I cant argue that.Im just amazed that out of the box that brush made lather and I think it was good enough to shave with it.
Everytime I use a brush for its first time,I dont even make bubbles...so this is why Im asking in that Rooney brushes are as good as this one seems like.

I don't think I've had a brush that didn't make lather on the first go... still didn't shave with it though - in case there was any dressing on the bristles that might upset the lather.

Also looking at the paper wrapping at 00:31 - that looks like a possible rewrap to me - the 3 Rooneys I've had and seen unwrapped for the first time have all been much more neatly wrapped "first time". Of course it could be the seller unwrapped it to take it's picture for sale purposes...

The Rooney 3/1 Super I have is an excellent brush. Any brush collection should include a Rooney and the 3/1 is a good example. As to the video, I didn't think it showed things to their best adavatage, to put it more kindly.

I soak and rinse all my new brushes and then lather up. I never have a problem with producing good lather first time. I use an old favourite like Palmolive, Arko or Tabac.

Fido said:
The Rooney 3/1 Super I have is an excellent brush. Any brush collection should include a Rooney and the 3/1 is a good example. As to the video, I didn't think it showed things to their best adavatage, to put it more kindly.

I soak and rinse all my new brushes and then lather up. I never have a problem with producing good lather first time. I use an old favourite like Palmolive, Arko or Tabac.
Well,It seems its time to get a Rooney then...any news of where are they made?

Back
Top Bottom