iPhone buying advice requested

Wonder if anyone can give some pointers on this, please. I'm looking to buy an unlocked iPhone 5s with 32GB, but don't know much about them.

New from Apple, they cost £419, while grade 'A' refurbs seem to average around half that on the bay of fees. Can anyone advise what are the potential disadvantages and pitfalls of buying a refurb? Are there features or services that one loses when not buying new from Apple? Any recommended places to buy? Mucho Gracias.

Not sure I would be ballsy enough to buy one off thiefBay, but I would certainly be happy to get one of the Apple Refurbs. Phones in either case should have been reset to factory defaults so should not have anyone elses clutter lingering. If Apple is a no-go, then I would suggest having a look at your local Game or CEX. They may be slightly dearer than t'internet but at least you get hands on and more importantly, if it all turns cack - you got somewhere to take it back!

You'll pay more for an Apple refurb, but it will have been thoroughly tested and the battery and case will have been replaced and it will come with 12 months' guarantee. I've not had an iPhone, but it's certainly the case with the iPads and Macs that apart from the box they're indistinguishable from a new device.

Back
Top Bottom