iPhone 7 - are you getting one?

Are you getting the iPhone 7?

• Yes, as soon as they are available I'm getting one

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Not immediately...but probably sometime next year

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • No. Happy with my phone and can't see myself justifying getting this one.

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • I hate Apple

Votes: 8 40.0%

• Total voters
A few blocks away from me here in San Francisco Apple is announcing a slew of new (read: slightly different) products - one of them being the iPhone 7.

(The live stream of it can be seen here when using a safari browser: http://www.apple.com/apple-events/september-2016/)
Crw7ou8VMAASGxD.jpg

Some changes; the larger iPhone 7 is supposedly sporting a camera that rivals many dSLRs, improved water resistance and there will not be a separate headphone jack any more.

So, are you getting one?

Me, I got a 6s for six months ago and can't see myself switching over quite yet (even though technically I could sell my used 6s and buy a new 7 for $200 or so. We'll see.)

I'm old, and simply don't understand this constant desire to throw something that works in the bin, and get a new one, simply because the marketing folk have told you it's better. Really, can your life be devoid of that much if you don't have the latest gizmo? It all derives from the late 50s when GM developed the concept of 'planned obsolescence', introducing a new model car every year to constantly strive for increased sales. There was nothing wrong with the car you had, but the shiny ads persuaded alot of folk that their life was empty without the latest one sitting on their driveway.

Well, there you go, rant over LOL Enjoy your new shiny stuff, and I hope it makes you very happy...

I voted that I hate apple, though as I get my phone as a pass down from my wife, I still have one, and as she has a 7, no doubt I will end up with it.

Pretty disappointed with this release. I usually buy one once a year missing the mid 'S' models. This one though has really got me thinking.
I really wanted wireless charging and new case design, but this appears to be just another incremental update.

I'm hanging on to my 6 for the time being.

Pretty disappointed with this release. I usually buy one once a year missing the mid 'S' models. This one though has really got me thinking.
I really wanted wireless charging and new case design, but this appears to be just another incremental update.

I'm hanging on to my 6 for the time being.

Similar thoughts here and am also sticking with my 6s for now.
New iOS 10 gave it some nice tweaks that will entertain me enough.

To be honest, I loved my Apple iPhone 3G, 3Gs, and 4. T hen I looked at Samsung running Android and didn't like the Samsung Bloatware, then I looked at Motorola Nexus 6 with stock Android. Now due an upgrade in Jan 17, and for once in about 15yrs I don't think I will.

I love the Nexus 6, its a Phablet, it's gargantuan, it makes me walk with a limp, the screen is bigger than the iPhone 6 & 7, I'm not restricted in any way to 'Apple Only App Store' purchases. I can watch any type of movie file straight off the phone, no converting required.

I used to love Apple Products but I think the statement 'Think Differently' needs to be internalised at Apple HQ, because to be perfectly honest, there is nothing new, nothing revolutionary, but more evolutionary, in terms of iOS or OS X for that matter which is disappointing when you consider how much revenue they make.

I struggle to remember the last time an Apple device made me go 'Wow'

I still love Macs and would never be without one, but regarding devices Nah!

Back
Top Bottom