Ice Hockey nutcase, now a DE shaver

Johnus said:
Here's one a lad used in '09.
It's where this whole crazy thing started. 3M were made for the troops in WW1. These were for boys who mostly never saw a safety razor before. Great shave!

Looks like it's seen some muck and bullets too.. How much would you pay for a TTO/Tech circa 1952 (X1) I believe, and my birth year in reasonably good condition, if I could find one?

There were 2 superspeeds in '52. The regular model and the black tip. While they were said to shave differently... I found them to be about the same.(opinions??).
The 52ss I'd say 20$us??? Haven't gotten one in awhile but think that's what I last paid?

Check with the guys on the site. One of them should have a nice one for you. Do a WTB.

****If you're quick there's a black tip on the site right now for16£.

John said:
dodgy said:
Johnus said:
...And you'll find that the 'really cool' guys shave with WW1 and before Gillette '04's!!!

(And Derby blades!)

Yep, a toothy vintage 04 Old Type matched with a Derby blade must be like shaving in Heaven.

I get the feeling your being sarcastic Martini, nice of johnus to steer the new boy towards the rocks with a facial hacking.......the naughty boy!!!

Holy crap!!!! You are right John!!!! There IS some sarcasm that crept into that post. What I meant to say was using that combo would cause me to go back to having my face nibbled on by goats. Not so bad really......kinda tickles. Thanks for the heads up buddy.

See now I also thought that Johnus posts what he does about that blade and razor combo to get new members to quit in a hurry. However, I now think he actually believes what he types about that gruesome set up. Yeah, a nice enough guy, just nuts.

Nothing wrong with that.........

Actually i used my FeatherStr8 with a ProGuard blade for my Saturday shave.
If they had this setup back in 1 9 0 0 Gillette would still be selling bottle caps!!
Only 2 razors you'll ever need : '04 Gillette and a Feather Str8 with ProGuard blades!!

dodgy said:
John said:
dodgy said:
Johnus said:
...And you'll find that the 'really cool' guys shave with WW1 and before Gillette '04's!!!

(And Derby blades!)

Yep, a toothy vintage 04 Old Type matched with a Derby blade must be like shaving in Heaven.

I get the feeling your being sarcastic Martini, nice of johnus to steer the new boy towards the rocks with a facial hacking.......the naughty boy!!!

Holy crap!!!! You are right John!!!! There IS some sarcasm that crept into that post. What I meant to say was using that combo would cause me to go back to having my face nibbled on by goats. Not so bad really......kinda tickles. Thanks for the heads up buddy.

See now I also thought that Johnus posts what he does about that blade and razor combo to get new members to quit in a hurry. However, I now think he actually believes what he types about that gruesome set up. Yeah, a nice enough guy, just nuts.

Nothing wrong with that.........

Let's set the new boy off with.....a cheese grater and a blade that's as smooth as a house brick, and only if he can get the blade to sit even you can shave like a man...chicks dig scars!, interestingly Johnus didn't suggest a flare tip or a FatBoy or even a tech.....still the OP don't have to listen to us old farts no, he can enjoy the wrath if he wants.....snigger ;)

greenbunch said:
How much would you pay for a TTO/Tech circa 1952 (X1) I believe, and my birth year in reasonably good condition, if I could find one?

A Superspeed will likely cost you around 20 pounds roughly, less in "shaver grade" condition, and maybe a tad more in great condition with a nice case, a Tech can be picked up for around ten pounds or so, sometimes less.

Cheers mate, starting to realise a few things in the 24 hours I've been on the forum.. Oh and the ice hockey team came from 3-0 down to win 5-4 in OT tonight..

greenbunch said:
Tech circa 1952 (X1) I believe, and my birth year in reasonably good condition, if I could find one?

No offense of course but jeeez, you are old. You able to hold a razor without too much shaking? You don't see many old gezers using a DE or straight. Too dangerous.

So I've been a Chicago Blackhawks fan for a while...started going to games at the Stadium in the early 60s. Yeah, I was lucky enough to see Bobby Hull (and his brother Dennis) fairly often. Plus, there were other very good players and a few characters too. Got to live through the 70s, with Montreal always getting in the Hawks way. Dryden in net for them and Esposito for us. Kicked our asses repeatedly in the Finals. Heh, went through some tough times for many years......... from 1961 till 2010. Been good since then, mainly due to the previous owner finally dying.

One thing I will never get over is everyone wearing a helmet now. There's nothing like seeing guys faces without anything on their heads as they skate down the ice. With helmets you lose a personal part of the game.

Heh, I remember old guys being able to go without em till they retired. i think maybe Doug Wilson was about the last guy in the 80s.

Martin

dodgy said:
greenbunch said:
Tech circa 1952 (X1) I believe, and my birth year in reasonably good condition, if I could find one?

No offense of course but jeeez, you are old. You able to hold a razor without too much shaking? You don't see many old gezers using a DE or straight. Too dangerous.

So I've been a Chicago Blackhawks fan for a while...started going to games at the Stadium in the early 60s. Yeah, I was lucky enough to see Bobby Hull (and his brother Dennis) fairly often. Plus, there were other very good players and a few characters too. Got to live through the 70s, with Montreal always getting in the Hawks way. Dryden in net for them and Esposito for us. Kicked our asses repeatedly in the Finals. Heh, went through some tough times for many years......... from 1961 till 2010. Been good since then, mainly due to the previous owner finally dying.

One thing I will never get over is everyone wearing a helmet now. There's nothing like seeing guys faces without anything on their heads as they skate down the ice. With helmets you lose a personal part of the game.

Heh, I remember old guys being able to go without em till they retired. i think maybe Doug Wilson was about the last guy in the 80s.

Martin
Jeez... And yer say I'm old!!! And believe me,working as I do in a hospital yer need a steady hand... But then again you young pup's would know about such things, still 70's and 80's even music wasn't music then...you guys kinda followed on to us old timers, a bit like sheep!!! ;-)) lol

Back
Top Bottom