Iberital MC2 Arrived dialling in....

t_2619.jpg

I shall keep you posted....

Slick!

RE: Incoming....

Looks like a vending machine, just need to fill it with gum.

On a serious note, thanks to you guys, I am now the proud owner of a gaggia classic.

Looking good Slick it gets addictive does it not.

brinechild said:
Can you preset the dose on that? Looks like you are stepping up the coffee consumption a noth

it does have a timer function on it so you can set it to grind for a specific amount of seconds so will really allow a nearly identical dose each time. But I just dose mine with what I want to grind to avoid the beans sitting in the hopper for long periods

hey pedro do you have one of these? Any tips would be useful!!!
It should get here Tuesday.
then I shall be back to being awake for 24hrs again while I get used to it!!
Got it from Scott at Happy Donkey.
Exciting!!!
Slickbo

RE: Arrived dialling in....

So the Iberital arrived from Happy Donkey Ltd plus a pack of beans. Thanks Scott.
Really well packed.
I thought at first they had sent me an elephant.
No. It was just the MC2.
Now I know the worm adjuster on this has a low gearing. So I thought I'd try it as it came.
Blocked PF.
Wound back 10 half turns.
Blocked PF.
This went on for ages!!! Then did 30!!!
Ooooo nearly there.
back 5. Now OK. Actually a little loose but already my crema is better and coffee rounder tasting!!!
I used nearly a whole bag to get this far. No tasting until nearly right. Just going by flow, amount and looks.
So this is super adjustable and will obviously grind right down to fine fine powder.
managed to get the auto timer to do 1 dose at a time too. very easy.
My only observation is the bean holder is a bit on the thin plasticky side compared to the dualit.
Now the tweaking begins.....
Yrs
Slick.

dont forget to purge a couple of grams between adjusting the grinds as these will be of the old grind size so might cause the results not to be what you expect and cause some extra messing about.

hoping to get one of these bad boys for christmas, having got used to using my Gaggia Carezza and buying a whole host of other kit for it.

Finally getting sick of using pre-ground, and don't want to go through the middle ground phase of purchasing a poor grinder.

This Iberital seems like as good as a grinder needs to be for the home user.

The only issue with the Iberital is the convenience of changing grind size (as described by Slick above) and build quality. It's very plasticy which might be a problem for some
but if it's staying on one grind size only once dialed in then no problem but for the money it's the one.

If not and you have the room then 2nd hand pro machines from flea bay are a good bet, they are mostly bullet proof.

shrink said:
This Iberital seems like as good as a grinder needs to be for the home user.

Chortle...:icon_confused: You are correct of course but it's like saying a man only needs one razor...and one brush...and that nice palmolive stick is all the soap any shaver could need

I spent many happy years with one of these it's an excellent choice for the £. Mazzers and Cimbalis and the like seem to be less easy to find in the wild nowadays

Back
Top Bottom