"I" Newspaper Shave Cream Review

I can't say I give much credence to top ten lists, especially this one.
Upon clicking on the top ten Christmas Markets however, I found this quote:

"Pay a visit to Santa in his grotto-cum-chalet"

errr...no thanks...

chrisbell said:
Blyth Spirit said:
chrisbell said:
Where's the Real Shave Co.,or Palmolive cream as opposed to their canned stuff? What about TOBS or Body Shop Maca Root? All a load of over-priced, pretentious twaddle - typical Independent.

Couldn't agree more!
:blush:

Not that I'm suggesting that a right-wing paper would do any better.:mad:

Sadly Chris I am ashamed to say that I get the "i" delivered from Monday to Friday. It has two very decent crosswords for 20p daily. The rest of it is pretentious twaddle - a lighterweight (ironically misnamed) Independent or Guardian - best exemplified in the letters' pages. Er, IMHO.

:angel:

Blyth Spirit said:
Sadly Chris I am ashamed to say that I get the "i" delivered from Monday to Friday. It has two very decent crosswords for 20p daily. The rest of it is pretentious twaddle - a lighterweight (ironically misnamed) Independent or Guardian - best exemplified in the letters' pages. Er, IMHO.

:angel:

Likewise, I don't like the politics of the Telegraph, but I like it for its cricket coverage.

The cryptic crosswords in the "i" are a very mixed bag in my opinion, but damned if I'm going to shell out for the Times to get an upgrade. It's not as if there's likely to be a sensible shaving related article there either.

The only newspapers that I read with any degree of regularity are The Sentinel and The Leek Post, both of which are (you may have guessed) local papers, so I'm no expert.

I thought that the basic concept of "I" was to have just news and none of the other bullshit. Seems I was wrong.

Ian

Makes you wonder if they actually tried any of the creams or just went off the manufacturer's blurb.

Mind you I do like Aqua Di Palm cologne and wasn't aware they did a barber shop range so that might be worth a look

Back
Top Bottom