I hate eBay.

Know of a couple of guys who got locked up for a while after selling knocked off gear on the bay,they got caught just general nicking from shops etc and the police looked to see if any of the goods were being sold on ebay and bingo :?

After 8 years on Ebay I'm approaching 500 100% positive feedbacks. I buy and sell odds and ends really. I rarely have problems. As a seller, I just give a no quibble refund and sometimes let them keep the item. When I once complained that a piece of China had a tiny crack they told me to keep it and gave me a full refund, so what goes round, comes round.

I'm not complacent though, I'm very cautious about higher value items. The key is to be streetwise about the type of item you are dealing in. Research pays off.

Professor Blighty said:
Hi Slash,

I must say, you sound like the kind of bloke who has some really interesting mates :lol:

Coming from Salford originally and living in moss side/hyde/cheetham hill/little hulton there was no choice :lol:

Fido said:
After 8 years on Ebay I'm approaching 500 100% positive feedbacks. I buy and sell odds and ends really. I rarely have problems. As a seller, I just give a no quibble refund and sometimes let them keep the item. When I once complained that a piece of China had a tiny crack they told me to keep it and gave me a full refund, so what goes round, comes round.

I'm not complacent though, I'm very cautious about higher value items. The key is to be streetwise about the type of item you are dealing in. Research pays off.

That's the right atttude to take on Ebay Fido. I've got over 20,000 feedback at 99.98% positive, but when you're dealing with the general public you simply cannot please everybody no matter what you do, or how hard you try, that's just people being people.

antdad said:
As an experienced seller cancelling the transaction because you didn't get what you expected is really out of order.

You entered an agreement by entering the auction, you reneged on that agreement and you received the appropriate feedback. Totally warranted.

I would agree with you had the item sold for say £25, £20, heck, even £15. Or even £10!

For it to go for £4 though is just really a joke and bad luck, and had I been him, I would have completely understood and left it at that.

I know ebay has rules, blah blah blah... but sometimes rules need to be bent a little and a little common sense applied. I apologised to the guy and admitted I was in the wrong by not setting a reserve, yet he still went ahead and gave me negative feedback without even replying to me.

I hate petty, jobsworth-types who must do everything by the book. Really pisses me off!

I won't be using eBay again.

John

Back
Top Bottom