"Household Ultrasonic Cleaner VGT-800"

Because I wanted to get an ultrasonic cleaner, I bought this from Amazon for £20.99. I'm not sure who the manufacturer is, but it might be Floureon, the packaging is plain and there is no brand on the device.

I'm afraid I was underwhelmed. It was very compact. Unfortuntately it has a 3-minute only timer. I tried a pair of old silver cufflinks first: I filled it with warm water with a drop of fairy liquid. This 1st 3 minutes made no difference, so I tried another 6 or 7 times, which meant there was a lot of going backwards and forwards to the kitchen, still no difference apart from the water being a lot hotter. I tried again with a Gillette slim and after 7 3-minute cycles (and a lot going backwards and forwards) there was still no difference other than the water being hotter.

I'm disappointed and I'm sending it back. I think I'll try the the JPL 7000s instead, it's 50w and lasts up to 8 minutes, unfortunately it's also £31.99 from Amazon

Last edited:
Mine did naff all with Fairy, works a treat with the proper solution though

The marketing department of a cheapie USB manufacturer came up with the line that they work without needing any detergent at all, and that has now passed into Internet folklore. But any professional manufacturer tells users that the cleaning solution choice is as important as the USB itself. That said, Fairy is still good enough for some tasks!

Last edited:
If you look at what 's in them you can knock something up with various kitchen products. Bicarb, white vinager, baking soda and other bits and bobs. Just do a bit of research first and all will be well, and cost effective;)

I'm on my second JPL 7000 - the first one was replaced under warranty as it had stopped working a few months after I purchased it. The second one is on it's last legs and seems to only work when it wants to. When they work, they are great. Don't necessarily expect much longevity out of them though. I may have been very unlucky, but somehow I can't see myself purchasing a third one. :(

Sorry to hear about the JPL 7000, that was going to be my next port of call. It sounds like it is difficult to get a decent USB for under £35.

Back
Top Bottom