Help can this be fixed?

Most end caps are soldered so they are definitely fixable.

You could try it yourself with a bit of solder, flux and a well aimed mini butane torch. If not try your local jewelers or Dave at safteyrazors (not sure of address)

What razor is it ? The easiest way is to use something like JB Weld or a type of 2 part epoxy glue. Trying to solder it back on will turn it blue and damage the plating. Remember the to get solder to flow it has to be hot enough and brass is a great heat conductor so you will end up applying more heat than the cap will stand as the razor will absorb most of the heat 1st.

antdad said:
You could try it yourself with a bit of solder, flux and a well aimed mini butane torch. If not try your local jewelers or Dave at safteyrazors (not sure of address)

Many years ago, I was taken on a tour of an electronics factory in China and, in response to my question as to what they used for flux, I was taken aback by the response - 'plix'

missingskin said:
What razor is it ? The easiest way is to use something like JB Weld or a type of 2 part epoxy glue. Trying to solder it back on will turn it blue and damage the plating. Remember the to get solder to flow it has to be hot enough and brass is a great heat conductor so you will end up applying more heat than the cap will stand as the razor will absorb most of the heat 1st.

It may depend on the type of razor but I didn't have any problem with an SS, you just have to be careful applying heat gently and evenly and any tarnish can be polished out although I agree gluing it with epoxy is easier.

Sorry about late reply I have no idea on what shaver it is I have posted some pictures here I do like this one and would like it repaired if easy to do.
[attachment=5171][attachment=5172][attachment=5173]

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342653928.072310.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342653928.072310.jpg
    210.7 KB · Views: 2
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342653945.761875.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342653945.761875.jpg
    210.2 KB · Views: 2
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342653961.459203.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342653961.459203.jpg
    218.3 KB · Views: 2
Back