Greed Encapsulated

The other day I was in Tescos doing my weekly shop and happened to glance at the Proglide display. They were asking nearly 9 quid for THREE cartridges.
I nearly dropped cork legged. :shock:

Saw a display in Boots and it was over 10 quid. Could hardly stop laughing. Mind you its stuff like this that puts me off trying gilette blades in my DEs I'd rather spend my cash elsewhere.

Not bad if each cartridge has about a hundred blades in? I stopped using them when the 5 blade idea came out a few years ago, and figured we must be up to at least a hundred. Probably takes two hands to pick them up and uses a 6 foot reinforced handle

I could complain about the cost of the cartridges, but who am I kidding? I've spent far more since taking up a DE than I would have spent in the same period of cartridge shaving.

the way its going, we'll soon have wall-mounted razors that you rub your face up against :lol:

seriously though, how has it gone so wrong from something so right ???????

I'm thinking of going a bit further back in history and having my own "man" (or, come to think of it my own "woman") to come in and shave me. Could be cheaper all round. I can just see it. "I say grumpbuttock, just run the old blade over my fizog will you before I pop along to the Rose and Crown for a swift half and some pork scratchings". I'll save a fortune. :lol:

Yellow Jim said:
I could complain about the cost of the cartridges, but who am I kidding? I've spent far more since taking up a DE than I would have spent in the same period of cartridge shaving.

Well so have I, but the difference is I have 2 things to show for it... a mountain of different soaps, after shaves, creams, blades & razors and most importantly a face that doesn't look like I went at it with a cheese grater (coarse side)

was gonna splash out as i have not bought a new gillette razor in 6 years, I dug out my Mach 3 on Monday night before going to work, used some canned Palmolive sensetive shave gel too...

the Mach 3 was good, very good, and the shave was over in just a few mins, very smooth, but there was no enjoyment, just a chore before work, and thats the whole reason i cant buy a proglide.........

with nice DE gear the prep is half the fun, choosing a razor, a blade, a soap scent and type of brush and getting the prep done is as enjoyable as the shave itself.....

we all know it's not about the money, we have ALL spent far more on the "Good" gear then we ever spent or cartridge razors, it's a hobby for us as much as an everyday necessity and i just prefer enjoying my shave with the right gear, and taking my time.

Sure, I've spent a lot of money since going DE, but my, I've enjoyed it and surely that's half the point. And I smell sexy.
:lol:

Seriously though, over 3 pound a cartridge is criminal. Almost as criminal as the advert where people get accosted in a public toilet by a man who shouts "WHOOO!!" as he enters with a film crew

Back
Top Bottom