good brush for the money?

Afraid not.

Check the link for the Vulfix 404 mix, that'll get you going. Then start saving.

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5931" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5931</a><!-- l -->

antdad said:
Afraid not.

Check the link for the Vulfix 404 mix, that'll get you going. Then start saving.

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5931" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5931</a><!-- l -->

thanks for the help much appreciated :D

regards Joe

Antdad said it all really. Great starter brush. If you get the bug then you can look at spending more...

...and now you are here you will. Oh yes!! :mrgreen:

I have had that brush and used it for a couple of months,it wasn't that bad just a bit more scratchy than an average pure badger but like others said there are better alternatives for the money

I've just added the Vulfix 404 to my rotation - I really enjoy it. It whips up a good lather and my one is "scrubby" more than scratchy- it's quite refreshing and bracing in the morning. On the other hand, I have an Edwin Jagger pure badger brush (at more than double the price) wich is downright prickly - which the Vulfix 404 isn't.

A fine brush - specially for the money. Diamond Edge seem to have the best price on it at the moment.

With pure hair brushes and there relative low cost they tend to trim the knot to shape which as you've discovered make it downright scratchy/prickly.

That's exactly it, Tony. I'm tempted to try gently scrubbing the tips of the Jagger brush over some wet&dry abarasive paper to try and round off the edges a little bit - which would just be an accellerated version of working it over my manly, stubbly chin for a few weeks. :lol:

Big thank you to Fido for offering to sell me one of his brushes that he calls seconds. seconds are brushes that are brushes that have a tiny mark or cosmetic defect but are still perfectly useable. at a reduced cost.

im humbled

i just thought id publicy thank him on the board for his kind act my brush search if over :)

Back
Top Bottom