Gillette NEW

Can you please provide more information about the Gillette NEW razor? Is it a mild type or aggressive type? Is there any specific model to look out for and how much are they worth?

Thanks

Short comb one is pretty mild. Could be obtained for 15-20 quid on ebay or BSTs. Don't bother with models, unless you're a collector, just get any and try it out.

Might not be useful but to help you tell the differences between Olds and News, especially as they can appear similar. The baseplate on a New doesn't have holes in, whereas the Old Type had a hole either side for metal cones (no doubt there's a better word but for now it's cones) that protrude through. The Old Types (some or all?) come with a piece at the end of the razor handle which slots through the hanlde and into the head. The News all (as far as I know) have three pieces which just screw together without fitting inside eachother etc.

Check out also www.mr-razor.com. There are New Improveds, which preceded the News, which I don't know much about. Hunnymonster rated them in the 'desert island razor' thread a while back.

It's a medium aggressive razor, I found my short toothed to be similar in aggression to my long toothed but I just prefer the feel of longer teeth on the skin. All the long toothed heads I have are all much of a muchness to me.

Back
Top Bottom