Gillette blades

I found an old pack of Gillette blades out from the back of my drawer this morning so I thought I'd give them a spin, I actually had a lovely shave from them, better than my go to, Astra. I've no idea where they came from and I was wondering if anyone could help identify them based on the attached pictures.

Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_20210401_084226.jpg
    IMG_20210401_084226.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_20210401_083434.jpg
    IMG_20210401_083434.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 31
I found an old pack of Gillette blades out from the back of my drawer this morning so I thought I'd give them a spin, I actually had a lovely shave from them, better than my go to, Astra. I've no idea where they came from and I was wondering if anyone could help identify them based on the attached pictures.

Thanks.
They look like Wikinson Sword blades

There are older Wilkinson Sword blades produced in England, generally stainless and very-well regarded (although possibly over-hyped due to rarity). Ones I've laid my hands on are in white tucks (although they've yellowed with age), with 'MADE IN ENGLAND' moulded-in.

There are modern Wilkinson Sword blades produced in Germany with a multi-layer coating. I prefer these ones - although they're not quite as long lasting, they're a bit smoother (YMMV). They currently come in a black tuck which is a bit more rounded than in your picture, but I've seen them in white too.

If I was a gambling man I'd say yours were German (based on the printing on the wrapper more than anything), but someone with greater knowledge will probably be along in a minute.

I bought those when I first started using a safety razor, probably cos it was the only blade my old man ever used, but I've never really had much success with them. Bought these other Wilkinson sword blades last year and they seem okay. Screenshot_20210401-184706_eBay.jpg

They look like reasonably current issue Wilkinson Sword blades. The current issue is in a more curved/rounded plastic case and available from some supermarkets - Sainsbury's, for example.

Oddly, Gillette own the trading name for Wilkinson Sword in certain markets - India being one, hence the Gillette Wilkinson Sword (GWS) pictured above. What you have is the UK brand.

There are older Wilkinson Sword blades produced in England, generally stainless and very-well regarded (although possibly over-hyped due to rarity). Ones I've laid my hands on are in white tucks (although they've yellowed with age), with 'MADE IN ENGLAND' moulded-in.

There are modern Wilkinson Sword blades produced in Germany with a multi-layer coating. I prefer these ones - although they're not quite as long lasting, they're a bit smoother (YMMV). They currently come in a black tuck which is a bit more rounded than in your picture, but I've seen them in white too.

If I was a gambling man I'd say yours were German (based on the printing on the wrapper more than anything), but someone with greater knowledge will probably be along in a minute.
I suspect they are German made blades too
The English made blades came in white dispensers

Back
Top Bottom