Gillette Advertisement 1905

C%201904%20Gillette%20Safety%20Razor.jpg

You have to wonder about the 40 shaves from one blade. Perhaps shave = pass.

I think back in the day, most people would have done just a one pass shave. Many now still just do one pass shaves! I'd never done a multi pass shave until I started wet shaving.

Also, I think blades back then would have been much thicker than ones today, so the edge would survive for longer.

So getting 20 to 40 one pass shaves from one blade should be possible, but it seems Gillette have a tradition of stating a long lifespan for their blades. On US Amazon, a 15 pack of Mach 3 is advertised to last 15 months. It could be a possible to use one cart for an entire month, but I'd find it hard work.

I often used to use a mach 3 cartridge for one month. The ingrowing hairs, stubble caught between the blades and disintegration of the aloe strip from trying to eek out as much as possible from each expensive cartridge led me to seek out something better and cheaper.
After a brief dalliance with the Blue II disposables I found my way to DE.

I think back in the day, most people would have done just a one pass shave. Many now still just do one pass shaves! I'd never done a multi pass shave until I started wet shaving.

Also, I think blades back then would have been much thicker than ones today, so the edge would survive for longer.

So getting 20 to 40 one pass shaves from one blade should be possible, but it seems Gillette have a tradition of stating a long lifespan for their blades. On US Amazon, a 15 pack of Mach 3 is advertised to last 15 months. It could be a possible to use one cart for an entire month, but I'd find it hard work.
Some keyboard warrior started the three pass shave regimen, most folks do one pass with minor touch-ups, including me! (y)

I often used to use a mach 3 cartridge for one month. The ingrowing hairs, stubble caught between the blades and disintegration of the aloe strip from trying to eek out as much as possible from each expensive cartridge led me to seek out something better and cheaper.
After a brief dalliance with the Blue II disposables I found my way to DE.

My experiences were similar to yours. I'd get ingrowns under my jaw if I used any razor with more than 2 blades, took a while to work it out too.

Some keyboard warrior started the three pass shave regimen, most folks do one pass with minor touch-ups, including me! (y)

It's strange how the 3 pass shave has become a standard. I generally do 2 passes as it seems a shame to wash all the lather from my brush down the drain after one pass!

Back
Top Bottom