Gentlemen, please take a seat, Goliath has arrived!

Well where do I start?

About 10 minutes ago I heard a thud as the postie dropped a small but heavy package through my letterbox. I opened it without hesitation and there before my eyes was a vision of beauty in metal, a Goliath of a razor handle, made bespoke for me my Daz from TSR.

It all started with his post about making his own handle, a few PM's later and I sent him 3 designs I had drawn based on the priest he made and was shown in his post. He chose to make me number 1 with a few tweeks, the largest and most complicated design.

I can tell you I'm not dissapointed at all, the handle is awsome, very nicely weighted at 75g, two tone aluminium and brass, the shape fits my hand perfectly and the ridges provide the perfect amount of grip. The length is exactly right for me.

I am willing my stubble to grow so I can go and try this beauty out, I will be using it over the next week, coupled with my EJ89 head first and I'll let you know how it works out in a review.

I have taken some pictures for your viewing pleasure, forgive my hand it hasn't done much modeling and has a bit of a diva to work with!

Pic 1 is the EJ89, the 'Goliath' and a Merkur to compare size, the Merkur is still the heaviest, the others are with the EJ head attached.[attachment=5254][attachment=5255][attachment=5256][attachment=5257]

A big thank you to Daz, I know how much work went into this razor and lets hope he continues to make more (I've already asked for a stubby version)!

Attachments

• SAM_0468 (450x338).jpg
    SAM_0468 (450x338).jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 195
  • SAM_0471 (450x338).jpg
    SAM_0471 (450x338).jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 169
  • SAM_0472 (450x338).jpg
    SAM_0472 (450x338).jpg
    157 KB · Views: 158
  • SAM_0473 (450x338).jpg
    SAM_0473 (450x338).jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 147
Tackleberry said:
It really is nice and goes very well with my EJ head, I wouldn't mind buying another and getting it plated!

As it happens I have a friend who's business partener does plating, don't know why I never thought about that before. He also does wierd and whacky colours, pearlescent etc. I shall have to get in touch with him :cool:

daz

It's a handsome looking piece of engineering. A bit off topic, but what is the going rate for having one 'standard' razor to be plated? Got a bit of a dilemma as I have some razors from 40s-50s and don't know wether to keep them in their current 'used and loved' condition or have them spruced up. I always think that replating old razors nullifies their history.

Back
Top Bottom