Froch v Groves II

jaycey said:
If anyone wants to watch it online...
http://www.tsmplug.com/boxing/carl-froch-vs-george-groves-live-tv-channel-fight-time/

There is 2 ads you have to get rid of, the first, click on the little "X" to the right of the big yellow exclamation mark
The second add has a little "X" centre near the top of the little media screen, click on that and click play on the main media window.

cheers. better than wiziwig

ChopperHarris said:
Just waiting for someone to post the eighth round on youtube - sounded a great fight with a stunning finish.

It was there, but then removed almost immediately.

Gairdner said:
Ouch. Take that you bounder, biff!

LOL, it wasn't a biff more like a...

il_570xN.276058308.jpg

Absolutely, AD - "rendered unconscious" was the BBC website description. Where now for Groves? As for Froch, the only challenge left is Ward but much as I like Froch and respect his skill, power and durability, I believe Ward to possess the greater ringcraft.

If I was a member of James DeGale's camp, I would be advising against a showdown with Mr Froch.

Groves will be back but it was a brutal catastrophic knock down, even the R5 commentators were saying Frock was setting up Groves way before it happened and that is supposed to be your cornerman's job. Dunno about Ward, he might have the greater ringcraft but he isn't a popular fighter in the US and Frock will surely want a huge bill topping payday if he were to fight in Vegas so not sure Ward will attract the necessary numbers.

jb74 said:
ChopperHarris said:
Just waiting for someone to post the eighth round on youtube - sounded a great fight with a stunning finish.

It was there, but then removed almost immediately.

I managed to see it before the video disappeared - heck of a thump. What a fantastic event to have tickets for - such a lot of really good fights on the bill. Wish I'd been there.

From what I've read Froch doesn't need to take the fight against Degale as he's already made two mandatory defences so he can pretty much pick his opponent.
There seems to be talk of a bout with either Julio Cesar Chavez jr or Gennady Golovkin if he wants a Vegas pay day. You've got to be mad to step into the ring with Golovkin with his power though.
As for Ward he's a class act with brilliant defence. It's a shame he's been injured so long which has affected his popularity stateside as someone previously mentioned.
Wouldn't be surprised to see Groves vs Degale 2 within the next year.

Should anyone wish to view the entire fight, I have a perfect copy. However, it will be too big to email and I'm no video editor but I can offer the first two to respond, an invitation code to the exclusive site where I obtained it if you promise to be good on said site. Otherwise I'll get banned! ;) :D

Nice Froch interview here first 10 - 15 minutes.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/series/fogarty

Back
Top Bottom