Forum thanks.

Since starting de shaving in the summer, I've built up a nice collection of after-shaves, all on the cheap. My list is as follows:

Boots, Freshwood. Ideal as a splash too, so cheap every day smell.
Pasanda, both in the aftershave and the hair tonic. I once had a dry scalp, not any more however. The Bay Rum hair tonic is great too.
Quorum aftershave, not bad under a tenner?
Clubman aftershave. Old barber shop smell, just so classic, very cheap big bottle!
Clubman virgin island aftershave. Cloves but undertones of citrus fruit, great.
Proraso aftershave. Best for my skin. Not a strong as the others above, but such a subtle smell, love this one.

Thanks to you all a big collection for little money, a smell for every day.

Clubman - is that Pinaud Clubman? Not familiar with any of the Clubmen but have heard Pinaud mentioned in conjunction with it. Where do you get it? Does it smell like Erasmic soap or Taylor of Old Bond Street Shaving Shop? That's what I rightly or wrongly think of as barbershop smell

Yes thats the one Pinauld. I just did a Google search. It was around £5 with the same for poatage. Huge bottle. I'm not the one to ask about smells. I think it reminds me of when I was a boy and the barber would razor my neck, then splash some cool stuff on it to stop it burning.
Really, really nice stuff.

I just had some samples from a forum colleague and will def be getting a bottle of the Clubman. He also sent me Ogallala Lime and Peppercorn - for me that's a wow smell. It's a shame you can't get it here at the moment.

BTW thanks Sean - trying the Ogallala Sandalwood tomorrow.

Shaving is a very personal time and it's great that you don't need to spend fortunes, if you don't want to, to get what you like. I hope you're collection keeps growing.

I ordered a sample of Pinaud Clubman from manmachine for £2.98 after p and p. I'll either love it or hate it judging by the descriptions.

A bottle is £80 on Amazon! But the other versions of it are about £7 plus p and p

Back
Top Bottom