Football V Rugby.

I still go the football (VERY low level, non-league stuff) on Saturday afternoons to catch up with my owd man and some mates for a pint but the football is just a 90-minute interruption and we hardly ever pay any attention to what's going on on the pitch.

When we go to the Rugby (or t20 Cricket, or Ice Hockey) we're watching the action.

I loved Rugby at school. Hated football. Was always fun to run straight through the pathetic tackles from some of the 'stars' of the football team. As much fun as putting them on their arse when they had the ball.

joe mcclaine said:
I loved Rugby at school. Hated football. Was always fun to run straight through the pathetic tackles from some of the 'stars' of the football team. As much fun as putting them on their arse when they had the ball.

A man after my own heart!
I played rugby for my county and for school. It was always good fun when we got rugby in PE at school, it was a good chance to demolish a couple of people that had upset you and not get into trouble for it :)
I played for 24 years before finally hanging the boots up, tried to get my fitness back after a couple of operations and decided to quit before I got any serious injuries. Still miss it though and wish I was 20 years younger.

daz

Well Carl It's going to be a huge challenge for London Welsh against the Tigers, the Tigers are the heavyweights of English rugby, you should never look back on sporting greatness, but London Welsh were the Real Madrid back in their day, just hope they can develop into a top 4 team in the next few years.

Jamie.

Hey! that Quins Wasps match was a pretty good start to the season! I support anybody playing against Wasps and Quins are kinda becoming my second team (nearest Premiership home ground and Elaine and Debbie are fans) so the outcome was good. Letting them get 27 ahead was a dangerous tactic, though, don't you think?

Anyway, tomorrow afternoon and we'll see what the new boys are bringing to the party. Will the once mighty London Welsh rise again?

I didn't see the Wasps V Quins game, but with that kind of scoreline it must have been a cracker to watch, I'm hoping London Welsh can be competitive this season and hopefully finish mid table, and build a squad and a team capable of giving the big boys a run for their money next season, as with all sports especially today your only as good as your bank balance.

Jamie.

pugh-the-special-one said:
I didn't see the Wasps V Quins game, but with that kind of scoreline it must have been a cracker to watch, I'm hoping London Welsh can be competitive this season and hopefully finish mid table, and build a squad and a team capable of giving the big boys a run for their money next season, as with all sports especially today your only as good as your bank balance.

Jamie.

For 'bank balance' read 'loyal fan base'. The men of Leicestershire have fought as Tigers since 1825, when the Hindoostan (sic) badge was awarded to the regiment. Is there a Woolyback who has not some connection with those Tigers and thus with the club, which itself dates back to 1880. We have a tradition and a loyalty!

I believe the club became Tigers after their black striped shirts in the early days - 1880s.

Rugby. I played at school and I loved it, although I was a bit on the small side in those days to be a good player. Picked up an injury just after I left school and have not been able to play since........ Still love to watch though, although it is not my main sport. (Motor-racing / cycling.) Oh! And I enjoyed the Olympics and Paralympics.

I appear to have been born without the football gene or any football appreciation software so I never watch it, join in conversations about it or follow it in any way, shape, or form!

Well done, Jamie's team! Straight in at 10 and two tries against us! You'll have to get used to the TV cameras catching you out if you keep up the lower league tactics, mind!

Well done the Tigers, but my team won yesterday Carl the Cardiff Blues, London Welsh are everybody in Wales second team, I really look forward to your Heineken cup game Leicester V Ospreys 21 of October should be a real cracker. But your first game will be another huge game away to Toulouse on the 14th of October, If I'm honest even though I watch a lot of league rugby my Nephew plays number 8 for Pontypridd under 18, I'm more interested in Heineken cup and International rugby.

Jamie.

Bechet45 said:
Well done, Jamie's team! Straight in at 10 and two tries against us! You'll have to get used to the TV cameras catching you out if you keep up the lower league tactics, mind!

Less said about the Heineken the better, as far as I am concerned! We should be back on track this year without the World Cup draining our resources and concentration.

Hopefully!

like every other school we played rugby in the middle of winter for PE and i got a few strange looks turning out for our first lesson in a full All Black kit at 12yr old complete with gum-sheild
it did feel good to flatten the hair gel boys back then

Back
Top Bottom