Fitjar "fra Norge" (= "from Norway")

Hi all

any of you lovely lads got Fitjar products? I'm keen to give them a go, being half-Norwegian and all.

I can trade samples of German tallow soaps (Speick, Moos, Tabac) and Henk's sandalwood cream and sillyputty soft soap for samples of Fitjar soaps/creams/asb.

Hope someone here can help: I'll trade generously to make it worth your while.

tusen takk (= thousand thanks)

hilsen (= best wishes)

Ollie

I'm hoping Fozz will be kind to an old priest.

I've not been well you know (have I mentioned that already?) and I am a vicar (ditto) so, you know, no pressure but if you could see your way to helping me out.

:lol:

Next I'll be begging the price of a cup of tea.

Not this time I am afraid Ollie...I finished off the last of my Fitjar sometime back.

This has got group by written all over it.

I really like the Wild Thing scent & I hear that her Neroli & Rose, infact all of them are very good.

OK, if - and I stress IF - I buy some creams who's up for some?

I like the look of:

Shaving cream Citrus Kick 200 ml
Shaving Cream East Indies 200 ml
Shaving cream Miklagard 200 ml
Shaving cream Neroli 200 ml

Norwegian Fern Moisturiser 50 ml
Neroli Moisturiser 50 ml

Aftershave Cream Miklagard 50 ml

Aftershave balm Folgefonn
Aftershave balm East Indies

Shaving soap refill Folgefonn
Shaving soap refill Lime Twist

Shaving Soap Telemark 150 g

These would give a lot of samples across a very wide range of their products. It's 12 different items, so it would be quite easy to divvie up among a number of us, esp if people said which particular items they were especially keen to try.

So . . . who's fancies some. This is not cheap but I'm hoping I can save on postage from Norway as my mum's there next month. I reckon we could just do a single "buy-in" price and then you could tell me which products you want to try. I can then send as much of as many products as the buy-in price will cover. Twelve items at an average of £15 a piece is £180; 18 members chipping-in a tenner could have that much to "spend", either by having a small amounts of many products or a larger amount of fewer items. Working out the price per weight or volume would not be difficult.

So . . . reply here and I'll gauge the level of interest.

Rev,

If we don't get enough for a big group buy I would be happy to split an order with you 50/50, reduced quantities but still worth it I think. I need to go do the currency conversion and total it up, will reply in the "Group buy" thread. Just giving this a wee bump.

I haven't tried the soaps, but I have sampled the following creams:
Miklagard
East Indies
Neroli
Calmomilla
Folgefonn
Fjellheim
Slåtterøy (Bay Rum)

With respect to efficacy this is top notch!

The scents are special, except for Neroli, which is Neroli... Not my favorite.

I love the Miklagard, East Indies and Slåtterøy, and I like the Calmomilla.

If you have a liking for creams and soaps that render your face "fresh" the same way as the TV commercial for Vicks Blue works on the throat, then I can recommend the Folgefonn. I like the sensation, but actually feel like it numbs my face while shaving, so I am a bit hesitant to buy it again. I would like to feel first thing if I do something stupid.

/Max

I work for a Norwegian company and our hq is in Oslo. As a result, I visit the city from time to time on occasion of seminars, business review meetings, etc.

Last time I visited (first week of November) I planned to go by the two shops that stock the stuff, in Oslo. Didn't make it at the end, and it is a pity I had not activated 'Plan B" as well (the lady who makes the soap had offered me to send them directly to the hotel if I decide buy mail order.)

Anyway, if anyone's interested, I'll post here next time before I visit Norway again, ok?

I won't be buying any now myself 'cause with around 50 creams and 40 soaps in the den I don't think I need any more stock, even if it comes from a manufacturer I have not tried yet...

If buying in Norway there is the tax to be paid, but I suppose those who would like to try they wouldn't mind much about this.

Back
Top Bottom