Fitjar Bee My Honey

This is taken from Jorunns website; <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.fitjarsoap.no/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.fitjarsoap.no/</a><!-- m -->

A more natural emollient than real honey can scarcely be found. And combined with natural, unrefined sheabutter it provides a most soothing shaving experience. Beeswax absolu is added for a soft and gentle fragrance that will not irritate or overpower.

The amounts of honey and beeswax absolu are increased and the honey/beeswax scent is really yummy, so be careful around those beehives!

New, improved formula with organic handpressed sheabutter, unrefined organic coldpressed coconut oil and organic olive oil.

These creams do not have an "explosive" lather, but it provides all the cushioning & skin care that are required. They are not cheap but are all natural and handmade and give a quality shave.

I have some Fitjar cream and will definitely be buying more. It is a bit different to the mainstream creams but very high quality (very simple ingredients) and a very nice shave indeed. The owner is also a delight to exchange emails with and has a great sense of humour. Sorry I am not giving a full review, but I have not used the cream enough yet! Too many other distractions ...

I think a group buy is in order: one or two of everything, divvied up into small pots.

Saves postage (v. expensive "fra Norge") and being stuck with a lot of something you don't like.

Any takers to organise such a Viking raid? I'd do it myself but am a bit busy til after Christmas ;)

Just couldn’t get into this cream, it’s not bad by any means, but just, well,

It doesn’t lather like any other cream i have used; it is a “flat” type of lather and as such is quite hard to judge in building a good stable lather and once there is no better than the multitude of other creams I’ve used.

The smell of honey is nigh on undetectable through the base smell of this cream, a smell that is prevalent in other Fitjar creams (Shea – Wild Thing) which is at best bordering on a musty – mouldy – earthy scent.

The post shave feeling is probably the best feature of this cream, but even then it leaves my skin feeling slightly clammy. This cream is surpassed by other more readily available creams and much cheaper at that and knocked completely into orbit by all of the Mayfair collective.

Back
Top Bottom