first shave

Well it wasnt a disaster, and wasnt a close shave either. razor felt like it was snagging, but then i did have 2 1/2 days of growth to 'hatch' off.lol. have been using a shavette until tonight. got a shave ready off a member of this forum. beauty of a looking razor i might add an very pleased with it. guess its going to take some getting use too!!! will keep you all up to date on how I go in the future. can also see if other new people have the same or similar experience while learning the are of a straight.
Lee

ahhh congrats on giving straights a go. my first 6-7 shaves with a straight were disappointing and i felt somewhat downhearted. Its a big learning curve, stropping and shaving. as you dont know which bit your doing wrong. is it the stropping, have i blunted the blade, is my angle wrong. etc etc
stick with it, learn areas of your face (were some bits actually decently shaved?) tugging is bad - either you need to improve prep, angle or blade
concentrate on certain areas at a time - they recommend learning to get good shaves on your cheeks first, but its all down to what you feel at the time. best of luck

Back
Top Bottom