FIFA World Cup 2014

Japan to make it out of their group is the only dabble I've had so far.

Just as a 'heads up' ... if Uruguay beat Northern Ireland on Friday, they will be going into the World Cup as Unofficial World Champions.

Assuming Uruguay beat Costa Rica on 14th June, England will be playing for the World Championship on 19th!

If by some miracle Costa Rica beat Uruguay then we'll be challenging them for the title on 24th.

It doesn't get more exciting than that!

Italy could snatch it from Costa Rica on 19th, obviously.

Then we'd be out of the running.

UKRob said:
How about Belgium as an outside bet or to reach the final?

They're very well tipped.

Might be worth a sniff e/w

Fido said:
Brazil 11/4
Argentina 9/2
Germany 11/2
Spain 13/2
Belgium 18/1
France 22/1
Italy 25/1
England 28/1

So who is your money going on?

if you put £10 on england at 28s you get nothing back.

coral have got a money back if argentina or brasil win it. hedging your bets would be wise to back germany knowing you get your stake back

however no non south american team has won in south america.

only brazil in sweden and spain in s africa have won it in different continents

i cant see anyone other than brazil tbh argentina have not really turned up in tornaments since 86, it wasnt the best argie team than got to the final in 90 and we would have beat them if chrissy waddle wasnt aiming at the moon.

england qf at best which providing we play well would mean a good world cup

In the office today and loving a bit of this with the lads (this is in Ireland btw) ->

[video=youtube]http://youtu.be/RJqimlFcJsM[/video]

Second only to this absolute classic in my humble opinion ->

[video=youtube]http://youtu.be/I5PT65I2ny8[/video]

"We'll really shake 'em up when we win the World Cup cos Ireland are the greatest football team"... LOL, love it :icon_razz: The face on Packie Bonner at the start... "get up the fuckin field ye lazy shower of fuckers"

Those were the glory days... when qualifying for a major tournament meant the whole county went mental and drank like mad until we got sent home. We'd throw a home coming reception even if we lost all three group games. Then Roy Keane went and fúcked it up in Saipan when he threw a wobbler and told us it wasn't all about the piss up back home. We went out to Spain on penos in the last 16 that year... should have beaten them to face South Korea in the quarters.

pulled ze Germans out of the hat in the office sweepy, so 32/1. Gotta be happy with that!

aside from that i'm not sure there's much value in backing the winner. more fun to be had in the side markets 'out-of-the-group', 'goals-per-group' etc. especially if you have the nerve for spread betting.

anyhoo, let's hope football is the real winner :icon_razz:

Happy scoring
Adam

I've just watched both those vids back to back about 5 teams each. Great stuff... brings back so many great memories.

superflyguy said:
... especially if you have the nerve for spread betting.

Exchanges for me.

Always nice to 'green' up.

Draws - then lay if no score after 10 mins for a quick, modest profit.

Back
Top Bottom