Feather portable Review

I ordered a Feather portable from Pauldog on the B&B forum.
Before ordering I read all the feedback from many other users which, I have to say, was extremely varied, some great, some good, and some not good.
Anyhow for such a small cost, less than £7 deliverd to me in the UK I thought why not.
Love the package,, a very neat small hinged plastic case with cardboard outer,, very compact and ideal for travelling,, and it comes with a couple of feather blades included in the price.

The razor itself is nicely balanced and not heavy, not too light either and the handle is a good length for me at least. Not a bad finish, not high quality, but very acceptable for the price.
I was worried about the amount of blade that was showing, a point that other users had raised and blamed for the nicks and cuts it gave some of them, but after the first couple of strokes I felt very safe and my confidence grew as I continued to complete the shave ,2 passes only, which left my face nick free and pretty smooth with no drag or burn.
The blade I used was a Personna that had been used twice already in my EJ DE89 but Id relegated it to an old Gillette as I wasnt happy with the results. In the Portable it gave me an excellent shave so I guess its worth trying different blade/razor combinations.
Tabac was my soap of choice.

My findings are that the Feather Portable is a cracking little razor capable of a great shave without mishap, for me at least, but maybe that was beginners luck?
I'll certainly use it regularly and it'll be my travel razor as the little case just begs for it.
So, Im one of the very happy buyers/users of the Feather Portable and would recommend it to anyone,,for such a small amount of money its got to be worth a try.
Pauldog on the B&B forum is good to deal with and delivery took about 2 weeks from US to UK. I dont know if he's still got them and I believe it's been discontinued by the makers?
beejay

Re: Feather portable

nice review BJ

i've wondered about this razor as my travel\gym razor but i've resisted as i still would rather use all the disposable and Sensor cartridges i've got left first, then maybe

I'm guessing that's the same razor that I got from Cannaught called the Feather Popular there.

I have nothing to compare it with but I have been very happy with the introduction it has given me into DE shaving. However, I'm already wondering what a higher quality razor would be like, early symptoms of RAD perhaps????

Nope - the Feather Portable is a different beast to the Feather Popular, Portable is a 3 piece, popular is a 1 piece...

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://doublebarreled.wordpress.com/2009/03/25/feather-popular-feather-portable/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://doublebarreled.wordpress.com/200 ... -portable/</a><!-- m -->

Nice one, Beejay.

I bought mine from Paul Dog a while back: a) Because I'd read it was similar to a vintage Tech, which I've wanted to try b) Because it was dirt cheap.

I used it recently: put the head onto my EJ 87 handle, cuz I thought the original handle a bit too small for my liking. Anyway, it shaves well, and smoothly. Only real problem I had with it was going ATG on the neck with it. Still, for the money, a bargain.

Back
Top Bottom