FaTip Open Comb

i have...5 days shaving worth any way

feels light in the hand and although it was reported to be the same head as a joris it does not not look or feel like it in any way

i have had mine just over a week and tried a wilky in it...shaves fine right as rain

suppose it might be time to find the right agle of attack but not much to learn...nice smooth 2 pass shaves

build is fine...nickel finish is as you would expect,,,duller colour than chrome but that was my choice...fit and finish on shaft to head threads is good...no wobble like some american razors

gets a good score from me...equal to my herkur hd...just slightly lighter by the feel

bought mine from ebay ,,,maguires barber shop...no problems encountered whatsoever...and got 2 packs of astras chucked in

now if i can find a rare earth magnet to stick in the bottom....hmmmm

I've used the fatip OC for years, finally I trade for a MÜHLE...R41

The fatip is the most agressive razor that I habe been tried until the MÜHLE R41 was arrived home. The fatip is agressive but more tolerant in the angle than the german razor.

a well made razor, nice finish in chrome, it was available in black and gold too. You can find the fatip OC head in:

Joris (The 1st brand of the owners of Plisson) razors
MÜHLE R89 OC before 2009, in fact the only MÜHLE razor made in the EU
Shavingshack.com sold this razor as "shogun razor"

If you like the agresive razors, even if they are a bit rough you'll enjoy the fatip.

I have had one some time but I find the shaves both aggressive, but also a little rough. Not a razor to rush with, but good shave are possible.......sometimes.

du212 said:
If you like the agresive razors, even if they are a bit rough you'll enjoy the fatip.

I think this about sums up my experience with it.

Thanks guys. I presently use a Merkur Futur which is plenty aggressive. I'm looking for something a bit milder but still capable of giving a close shave, for use on days off or just as a change, so I think I may give this little beauty a miss.

Can anyone put a name to the FaTip razor second from left, please?

DSC_0449.jpg

I've looked and can't find so I suspect it's a vintage razor.

ooops...see what you mean..no idea im afraid, but the section above the horn on the far left ...the chrome bit looks similar on both...looks similar to my plisson/joris...perhaps it is one of those instead

Oo's a clever chap, then? It's a Joris 'Major' - so it costs not £20 at ES but $146 at RoyalShave! http://www.royalshave.com/p/401-110-00/joris-major-safety-razor-palladium.html I'll stick to admiring it from afar! Now I feel better about spending the money you just saved me on the razor on a large bottle of C&S No. 88!

$146 is £91, plus postage, probably get done by Customs - way more than enough!!

Sorry, majortom - back to your OP.

Back
Top Bottom