Fatboy click adjustment

Today I bought an E3 Fatboy at a bootsale, But the adjustment moves from 1-9 without a click. I have seen the youtube video of how to strip a Fatboy, but cant find one on how to put it back together so I wont try. I was also looking to get it replated, would a replater strip it completely to replate and reset the adjustment on rebuild?

Thanks in advance

Alan

Remf said:
Today I bought an E3 Fatboy at a bootsale, But the adjustment moves from 1-9 without a click. I have seen the youtube video of how to strip a Fatboy, but cant find one on how to put it back together so I wont try. I was also looking to get it replated, would a replater strip it completely to replate and reset the adjustment on rebuild?

Thanks in advance

Alan

Hi Alan, some fatboys can be stripped down easily if you have a bit of mechanical knowledge it depends on the year. But if you can post pics of the razor esp of the adjustment band showing the gap with red spring in it and the underneath of the bottom of the handle I ( and others on here) would have a better idea of what is the matter.
On the subject of the re-plate, they are not stripped down for re-plating. but you could try having a word with Dave at http://www.restoredrazors.com/ to see if he can help. He has re-plated a lot of razors for people on here and has a good reputation.

Well after watching the strip down video on youtube I took it apart, what i found was that the spring was broken in the adjustment knob. Is it possible to get a replacement click spring? I have put back together again and the adjustment works ok, it just does not click when going through the numbers. (missingskin thanks for the details of restored razors I will give Dave a try).

Regards

Aaln

You mean the leaf spring? Very much doubt you'll find a replacement, Dave may be able to help or you can try making something yourself out of the right material, electronic device battery contacts are usually a source of spring steel.

Back
Top Bottom